Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

For the first year or so I genuinely went out of my way to avoid hearing Bruce speak. Would change the channel etc; honestly couldn't bear it.

I honestly don't think I've missed a word that Eddie Howe has said in front of a camera since he arrived. Still not totally convinced about his ability (though think he's done pretty well on the whole) but I think he's a great person and I appreciate his dedication enormously. 

Aye bang on. And the lack of conviction is purely a time based thing I think. I dont think I couldve expected more thus far, but there's time yet.

I’ve always rated Howe from afar, but now he’s here I honestly see him as light years ahead of any other home grown manager and equal or better than many of those who’ve come here from abroad, now he’s at a big club, with unlimited resources and seemingly has the full and 100% support of the owners, board and fans and importantly the players, I can see (and hope), him going on to be a huge success here and a transformative figure in our club’s history. He just seems the perfect fit and I do hope he’s here to lead us to some glory and better days, even if we go down, I think he takes us straight back up and will have the same effect Rafa had, but at a higher level given our finances. Just keep us up this year and he will be a hero!

Edited by HTT II

2 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I think done are getting a little over excited on here lol he's doing a fine job at the moment seems smart and getting must things right but we're not safe yet.

We're not, but taking the positives it's safe to say that had he been here at the start of pre-season, with the additions, we wouldn't be talking about relegation. He's got 16 games more to go, double the games he missed.

13 hours ago, HTT II said:

I’ve always rated Howe from afar, but now he’s here I honestly see him as light years ahead of any other home grown manager and equal or better than many of those who’ve come here from abroad, now he’s at a big club, with unlimited resources and seemingly has the full and 100% support of the owners, board and fans and importantly the players, I can see (and hope), him going on to be a huge success here and a transformative figure in our club’s history. He just seems the perfect fit and I do hope he’s here to lead us to some glory and better days, even if we go down, I think he takes us straight back up and will have the same effect Rafa had, but at a higher level given our finances. Just keep us up this year and he will be a hero!

How different is it when we are all pulling in the same direction?   It just feels great that we all want the same, from board to management to players to supporters. 

First time in for ever!

30 minutes ago, 1964 said:

How different is it when we are all pulling in the same direction?   It just feels great that we all want the same, from board to management to players to supporters. 

First time in for ever!

Aye it’s class and it shows when we are all United, how great things can be.

14 minutes ago, TRon said:

Feels like the best fit for this club since Keegan and SBR, and that's no disrespect to Rafa, this is purely about football philosophy which fits the club.

Definitely was glad Rafa went to Everton because think a fresh start was the best for the club and now we have that with a better brand of football.