Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Brought the right kind of characters into the squad and it clearly shows. Haven’t seen the lads fight for each other like that at all this season. And clearly raised performances from some of the lads (looking at Willock and Lascelles in particular) now that their places have to be played for.

Between the above, the tactics, and the higher fitness levels, it feels like Howe is finally putting his stamp on the squad and we’re reaping the benefits. 

Edited by cubaricho

Guest reefatoon

Loved that second half. It’s great having a manger who’s half time team talks don’t make us ten times more shit [emoji38] 

Well done Eddie Howe, that’s a team playing with belief and confidence at last.

Was sceptical when I first saw the teamsheet but he got it bang on. As well as back to back wins he's keeping a steady ship. Would have been easy to just turf out a load of players with all the new signings we've made, but as Howe said himself early on if we're to stay up it's going to be about the players already here, and he's got them believing again. Integrate the new signings around that and it'll be massive! 

Love the guy too... Until we see the teamsheet on Sunday then we'll go through the same thing again...

I still think it was the wrong call not starting Bruno (I defended him pre game for it though, because it wasn't a mental call), but his in game management was spot on tonight. Nee reason to get Bruno on when we were in control of the game and Everton were that bad in the second half. 

a consistent solid plan is emerging now. Physical. hard working, team are fit (oh my god how nice is it to close out a game the stronger team rather than wilting after 60minutes) with width and pressing. We need to get better at ball retention particularly to take teh sting out of games (hopefully bruno will help with that) but there is some coherency not just pinging it around at random, 

Speaks so well. Always talks about us and what we can do. So refreshing given Bruce would big up teams such as Watford and Norwich whilst also allowing them to have the ball for the whole game.

The most important quality Howe has instilled in the team is the best way to close out a 1 goal lead is to score another goal. Bruce, Rafa, Pardew all used to park the bus at 1-0 up and hope to close the game out. Under Eddie the players have a real belief in what they can do to cause the other team problems and that to me is massive.

I thought he should have started Bruno but ultimately his decision was correct

I'm delighted for him, it was clear to me there had been improvements (subtle ones admittedly) but it was embarrassing seeing people talking about binning him off and that he was no better than Bruce, so I'm glad he's silenced those people up for now

4 league defeats, all games you’d expect bottom half teams (and most teams below 6th) to lose. Arsenal, Liverpool & Leicester (even this season) away, Man City at home. 

Even in 3 of those there were key decisions at important times when we were still in the game (Maddison dive, Fraser’s two penalty appeals against City & Liverpool). 

At least two, probably three of those draws should have been wins. Not many games we haven’t lost that we should have lost. Overall given the mess he took over he’s done a fantastic job. Now getting the results to go with it as the quality available to him also improves.

Ryan Fraser said to NUFCTV that Howe told him to "stop thinking about goals, run for the team first and foremost, give the performance you should give week in and week out, and the goals will come"

Then he talks about the amount of team bonding exercises they do weekly now and how they get to know each other better one-on-one and how you learn to "respect each other more" which means you'll fight for each other more - and how this is all down to Howe.

Fucking love that kind of mentality and love that Howe is bringing that to the club. 'Cause when it works, the lads on the pitch will run through walls for each other and the team.

Been really impressed with how much tighter we are at the back. He was always going to improve us massively with the ball but positively surprised how much better we are off the ball too.