Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

He's really managed to change the whole team dynamic in a considerable way. He's been able to get consistent performing teams from the wider squad which is so important in our situation. Players outside the first 11 need to come in and fill their role and they've been doing that. Players are obviously all pulling in the same direction now and to further compliment a better drilled and tactically set up team nearly all players are improving individually week on week as well. We defend as a team, we have an increasingly solid back line, we press high up with intensity and intent and in groups, passing to each other doesnt seem to scare the shit out of them anymore... Incremental gains across everything. Can only see us getting better too.

2 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Ryan Fraser said to NUFCTV that Howe told him to "stop thinking about goals, run for the team first and foremost, give the performance you should give week in and week out, and the goals will come"

Then he talks about the amount of team bonding exercises they do weekly now and how they get to know each other better one-on-one and how you learn to "respect each other more" which means you'll fight for each other more - and how this is all down to Howe.

Fucking love that kind of mentality and love that Howe is bringing that to the club. 'Cause when it works, the lads on the pitch will run through walls for each other and the team.

Agree, I've always rated Howe. I think he's earned his big chance and NUFC is it. I know it's unlikely and I'm probably a bit of a dreamer but I'd love him to be to us what Alex Ferguson (aka Taggart) did for Manure.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

He's improved us in nigh on every regard and will only continue to do so. Some beyond rancid patter in the pre match thread.

Some people in there calling him Pardew and a PFM ffs. :lol:

Edited by cubaricho

Some great comments there in his interview, nice insight into how he picks the team and the competition for places he’s created. Good of him to mention Longstaff, who was excellent against Leeds.

Additionally, he’s just an absolute workhorse of a bloke and he’s clearly smart as fuck alongside that. Night and day from that last charlatan we had darkening the door.

He’s surely earned trust now?

5 minutes ago, Pardiola said:

Some great comments there in his interview, nice insight into how he picks the team and the competition for places he’s created. Good of him to mention Longstaff, who was excellent against Leeds.

Additionally, he’s just an absolute workhorse of a bloke and he’s clearly smart as fuck alongside that. Night and day from that last charlatan we had darkening the door.

I've trusted him since he walked into the club tbh. That's down to the fact that I've always rated him very highly and that given we've seen his work ethic now that he's at NUFC. You can tell he's grafting his absolute bollocks off to make this work and keep us up and the wrong decisions he may have made up to now were always for the right reasons. I was disappointed not to see Bruno start and posted that it was a huge call that deserved criticism were it to backfire but it didn't. We've won 2 games we absolutely had to and have been perilously close in many of the games vs the non top 6. Even then we were fully worthy of 3 points v Man Utd.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

16 minutes ago, Pardiola said:

What has impressed me most is the psychological element of his decision making and actions. He's truly 'modern' and forward thinking both tactically and mentally. 

23 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Seems he's creating a really good culture around the club. Top stuff to hear.

Absolutely. I love this. Proper pride and togetherness. Fraser's comments about getting the players together to do a personal timeline to understand each other better was also really insightful.

I'd love to hear more about what he's doing off the pitch tbh, just because it seems so fucking interesting.

You’ve gotta say he may have pulled a master stroke by not starting Bruno, Villa can only analyse a short cameo but otherwise will have to do their homework on a starting 11 and formation that may not happen at the weekend.

I read an article about him somewhere. He spent his time out of football going round Europe and the UK visiting clubs and learning more about psychology, fitness etc. He seems obsessed with continual improvement and studies every aspect of the game, which was reflected is Frasers comments. He has a philosophy and a vision and is extremely driven.

He's very level headed, sincere, honest and balanced and clearly a man 1-2-1 manager when he needs to be.  I honestly think he has the potential to be a great manager and to take us onto the next level.

1 hour ago, cubaricho said:

Ryan Fraser said to NUFCTV that Howe told him to "stop thinking about goals, run for the team first and foremost, give the performance you should give week in and week out, and the goals will come"

Then he talks about the amount of team bonding exercises they do weekly now and how they get to know each other better one-on-one and how you learn to "respect each other more" which means you'll fight for each other more - and how this is all down to Howe.

Fucking love that kind of mentality and love that Howe is bringing that to the club. 'Cause when it works, the lads on the pitch will run through walls for each other and the team.

Superb post, 100% agreed

and while it's good to see a new breed of young English managers coming through (Gerrard, Lampard) there has been a lot of talk of how they will attract big names because of their status....well believe me......plenty will want to join that other good young English manager,  "Eddie Howe's Newcastle" come the summer!

With the benefit of hindsight, he got the gameplay right and secured the win despite not starting Bruno. In a way, it also sends a message to the players that if you play well, you retain your match day place. The last few minutes given to Bruno also allowed SJP to celebrate his entry, while at the same time gives a teaser to the team that they can step up a level more, the best is yet to be come.

1 hour ago, DMLeazesender said:

I read an article about him somewhere. He spent his time out of football going round Europe and the UK visiting clubs and learning more about psychology, fitness etc. He seems obsessed with continual improvement and studies every aspect of the game, which was reflected is Frasers comments. He has a philosophy and a vision and is extremely driven.

He's very level headed, sincere, honest and balanced and clearly a man 1-2-1 manager when he needs to be.  I honestly think he has the potential to be a great manager and to take us onto the next level.

I'm a bit skeptical about the kind of team building organizations like corporations are famous for, I'm sure many of you will have endured them in one form or another, but whatever Eddie Howe is doing, it is clearly working. The fitness and application of the players is better. Their performances have improved.

I put this down to the attention to detail and hard work with which Howe and his staff are applying the methods. Brucey would take the lads off to Portugal etc for the same "team bonding", but it would be an amateur-hour jolly and have no effect on on-field performance. Most of them would look knackered an hour into every game.

Not starting Bruno seemed like a deliberate move, a vote of confidence in the other lads, and was clearly vindicated by the result. They did more than enough to beat the Everton we faced. Bruno's time will come.

1 hour ago, DMLeazesender said:

He did, main ones that were documented were that he went to Atlético Madrid to watch Simeone work and went to Rayo Vallecano to watch Andoni Iraola work, who has got a very small club in Madrid back to La Liga, currently in the top half and in the semi final of the Copa del Rey.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

At 2-1 we were looking fragile and likely to concede.  Shelveys's already a ghost in midfield most of the time and couldn't tackle because he was on a yellow and Schar was also booked.  Howe sat on his hands and just seemed scared to make a change. Trippier's goal was the turning point, but it easily could have gone the other way.  Brilliant result, Howe's had a definite positive effect on how we play, obviously his coaching is in a different league to Bruce.  But I don't accept that he got it all right on the night (people saying he's a tactical mastermind.. common).  I think he was indecisive and it could have cost us.

Edited by Teasy

33 minutes ago, Teasy said:

At 2-1 we were looking fragile and likely to concede.  Shelveys's already a ghost in midfield most of the time and couldn't tackle because he was on a yellow and Schar was also booked.  Howe sat on his hands and just seemed scared to make a change. Trippier's goal was the turning point, but it easily could have gone the other way.  Brilliant result, Howe's had a definite positive effect on how we play, obviously his coaching is in a different league to Bruce.  But I don't accept that he got it all right on the night (people saying he's a tactical mastermind.. common).  I think he was indecisive and it could have cost us.

[emoji38]

1 hour ago, Teasy said:

Don't agree - one's unlikely to see a more one sided second half.

13 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

Don't agree - one's unlikely to see a more one sided second half.

Yes. Don't think we looked at all like conceeding. 

They had a brief period of sustained possession, but that's because they passing among themselves around midfield. Didn't have a clue what to do.

1 hour ago, Teasy said:

Guess I watched a different game to you. No mastermind, but we controlled that game and Howe did a greta job tonight. Positivity!