Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Guest NobbyOhNobby

You couldn't really call Joselu a bad signing though, we desperately needed any striker after Rafa was let down on all his actual targets. I'm sure Stoke's third choice striker wasn't top of his shopping list.

He was all we could get our hands on at the time for the cash we had.

i suppose you might argue the money might have been better spent on a loan fee and wages for a better striker, if you were being finicky, not that there's anything to say he would have been allowed to use the money in that way :/

Maybe Abraham from Chelsea on loan would have been a good idea....if only Rafa had thought about that at the start of the window.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Didn't Rafa actually come out and say we signed who we could, not who he wanted? Course he didn't want Joselu - he needed a striker and, because we're so shit at actually doing any kind of transfer business/giving Rafa a remotely sensible transfer budget, he signed Joselu because it was him or nothing by that point. Joselu is massively limited, but he follows Rafa's instructions (except to actually score fucking goals) and his effort levels can't be faulted

Calciomercato says we've made an enquiry for Stefano Stuaro at Juventus

Get the fuck in! We'll be readying a bid by July, after monitoring the situation.

We will be making a bid on August 10th :-)

is he a CM?  i'd imagine it checks out if our first move is for a position where we're arguably best covered :lol:

Tbf, while I hope he does eventually, Hayden hasn't really made the step up this season, I doubt Diame will be able to carry on his form from this season, given that he's aging, and it was a bit of a freak how he turned into Kante for half a season, Merino hasnt really been used for one reason or another, maybe injuries? But I wouldn't be surprised to see up try and upgrade.

is he a CM?  i'd imagine it checks out if our first move is for a position where we're arguably best covered :lol:

Tbf, while I hope he does eventually, Hayden hasn't really made the step up this season, I doubt Diame will be able to carry on his form from this season, given that he's aging, and it was a bit of a freak how he turned into Kante for half a season, Merino hasnt really been used for one reason or another, maybe injuries? But I wouldn't be surprised to see up try and upgrade.

I get he's aging, but why? He showed no signs of tiring at the end of this season. His consistency was there. I can see him performing like that for another two years, at least.

Guest reefatoon

I get he's aging, but why? He showed no signs of tiring at the end of this season. His consistency was there. I can see him performing like that for another two years, at least.

Aye, these two and a half months are going to turn him into an old dribbling invalid. Sell

Looks like Sels, Mbemba, Colback and almost certainly Mitrovic will be off the books soon. That should trip the wage bill enough to give them cunts no excuses.

Looks like Sels, Mbemba, Colback and almost certainly Mitrovic will be off the books soon. That should trip the wage bill enough to give them cunts no excuses.

:yao:

how's that?

They already are, care of the "onerous contract provisions" write-off in the latest accounts. In theory, wages paid by loaning clubs, and future fees for these players is all gravy (pennies that the club earns, in fact) and should go straight into Rafa's kitty.

Of course, next years accounts will show some new trickery, or they'll claim these players' costs again...

how's that?

They already are, care of the "onerous contract provisions" write-off in the latest accounts. In theory, wages paid by loaning clubs, and future fees for these players is all gravy (pennies that the club earns, in fact) and should go straight into Rafa's kitty.

Of course, next years accounts will show some new trickery, or they'll claim these players' costs again...

ah right, do we know exactly who the onerous contracts players actually are now then?  i must have missed it

how's that?

ah right, do we know exactly who the onerous contracts players actually are now then?  i must have missed it

I've been looking for names but haven't seen any - The Chron said something like "players not in the first team squad but still employed by the club" or some such. You could guess, but it's all imaginary accounting bullshit that's designed to be nebulous, so it doesn't really matter anyway.

EDIT: It doesn't stand up to any scrutiny - see how easily that Price of Football guy dismantled it - but it doesn't need to stand up to scrutiny. It just needs to be legally sound.

Tottenham Hotspur and Newcastle United have both made David Lopez a summer target, according to Spanish outlet PericosOnline. The report also claims Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino has called the Espanyol defender personally.

Valencia were also said to be interested in signing the defender, but were not willing to meet his €40m release clause.

I'm sure we'll be willing to meet it

Tottenham Hotspur and Newcastle United have both made David Lopez a summer target, according to Spanish outlet PericosOnline. The report also claims Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino has called the Espanyol defender personally.

Valencia were also said to be interested in signing the defender, but were not willing to meet his €40m release clause.

Yeah, that's what I thought straight away, why even bring our name up with that kind of money being mentioned.

Did Rafa sign him for Napoli or have I got the wrong Lopez?