Transfer rumours

Yorkie

The only pertinent question about Armstrong is if Rafa approved the sale.

In a world with a decent owner, sure. In a world where Mike Ashley needs money from player sales to OK buying, not really. Still a nonsensical sale.

If Rafa thought he was going to make it he wouldn't have sanctioned it imo. £1.75m of which he'll see pennies, so pointless from his perspective.

I know everything is bad but still, sometimes players are just sold because the manager doesn't rate them.

In a world with a decent owner, sure. In a world where Mike Ashley needs money from player sales to OK buying, not really. Still a nonsensical sale.

Was selling Lubomir Satka "nonsensical"?  How about Remie Streete? Oliver Kemen?

You're getting all worked up simply cause he's a geordie for some reason. He's not good enough, just like the others who were sold/released.

Was selling Lubomir Satka "nonsensical"?  How about Remie Streete? Oliver Kemen?

You're getting all worked up simply cause he's a geordie for some reason. He's not good enough, just the the others who were sold/released.

Thought the Kemen one was too early tbh.

You're getting all worked up simply cause he's a geordie for some reason. He's not good enough, just the the others who were sold/released.

Thought the Kemen one was too early tbh.

Since spent 2 seasons in Ligue 2, man :lol:

Can't believe Newcastle fans are arguing for basically giving away a player in these days anyway. So weird.

What's weird about not really minding that a player who has shown nothing to suggest he's up to this level is being moved on? Was it weird to you when Romain Amalfitano was moved on for next to nothing too? Because I don't see why this is any different just because it's Adam Armstrong.

Have you also considered that maybe he wants to move, too? It would be a smart decision if it was the case that he preferred to move and settle somewhere rather than returning to NUFC every year uncertain of where his future lies, similar in a way to Atsu at Chelsea before moving permanently to us.

It's not comparable with Amalfitano. Armstrong is younger, u21 England player and a local lad. I might be a romantic, but I still rate having local lads in the club. We can and should easily hold on to Armstrong for a few years. Especially considering we very well might go down this season seeing how pathetic we are with transfers. £1.75m is absolutely nothing these days.

Unless he wanted out of course. That's a slightly different matter.

Can't believe Newcastle fans are arguing for basically giving away a player in these days anyway. So weird.

What's weird about not really minding that a player who has shown nothing to suggest he's up to this level is being moved on? Was it weird to you when Romain Amalfitano was moved on for next to nothing too? Because I don't see why this is any different just because it's Adam Armstrong.

Have you also considered that maybe he wants to move, too? It would be a smart decision if it was the case that he preferred to move and settle somewhere rather than returning to NUFC every year uncertain of where his future lies, similar in a way to Atsu at Chelsea before moving permanently to us.

It's not comparable with Amalfitano. Armstrong is younger, u21 England player and a local lad. I might be a romantic, but I still rate having local lads in the club. We can and should easily hold on to Armstrong for a few years. Especially considering we very well might go down this season seeing how pathetic we are with transfers. £1.75m is absolutely nothing these days.

What if Rafa wanted him out?

Kemen is 22 and spent last season on loan at a team that finished 16th in Ligue 2 so doesn't look like much of a loss.

Mbabu could be a bad loss though especially as he'd have been a much better option than Manquilo

Kemen is 22 and spent last season on loan at a team that finished 16th in Ligue 2 so doesn't look like much of a loss.

Mbabu could be a bad loss though especially as he'd have been a much better option than Manquilo

Mbabu was a terrible decision, will never understand it. Rafa was manager as well no?

Why would he simply want him out though? Because he's disruptive? Surely it's just to generate whatever the cash the cheapskate owner said was needed.

Mbabu just fell in the unfortunate pile like mbemba and to a lessar extent Mitro. There was obviously something rafa didn't like in those players be it mentality, work ethic or coachability.

Happens all the time. Wrong players/managers at the wrong club and the wrong time.

About Mbabu, was trying to look back for quotes or reasons why he left

Fitness problems, as well as question marks over Mbabu’s focus and attitude off the field - he was living with some of his United Under-23 team-mates in a flat when Benitez took over, which concerned the Spaniard - convinced the Magpies manager to send the full-back out on loan to Young Boys during the 2016/17 campaign to see if he could impress.

While Mbabu was solid and steady during 22 appearances for Young Boys in that campaign, he hardly excelled at the Stade de Suisse - and so Benitez was quite happy to let the defender depart permanently last summer.

At the time, Mbabu hinted that he would have stayed on Tyneside, but “injuries and new opinions have decided differently”.

Guest firetotheworks

Armstrong's the least of our worries at the moment tbh. If he goes on to become a very good player, it's only Ashley that'll miss out because we won't see any of the money spent on players, so fuck it. All the best to him, I hope he shows us for the shambles we are.

Fitness problems, as well as question marks over Mbabu’s focus and attitude off the field - he was living with some of his United Under-23 team-mates in a flat when Benitez took over, which concerned the Spaniard - convinced the Magpies manager to send the full-back out on loan to Young Boys during the 2016/17 campaign to see if he could impress.

While Mbabu was solid and steady during 22 appearances for Young Boys in that campaign, he hardly excelled at the Stade de Suisse - and so Benitez was quite happy to let the defender depart permanently last summer.

At the time, Mbabu hinted that he would have stayed on Tyneside, but “injuries and new opinions have decided differently”.

Wrong decision by Rafa. Simple.

Why would he simply want him out though? Because he's disruptive? Surely it's just to generate whatever the cash the cheapskate owner said was needed.

You don't know that. He might want to promote a different youngster who he sees more potential in.

Wrong decision by Rafa. Simple.

wey no shit

Doesnt stop me from speculating or trying to work out how he got to that decision

You don't know that. He might want to promote a different youngster who he sees more potential in.

I'm not saying I know that :lol: Promote a different youngster? Who? Where? He can do that, and have Armstrong out on loan you know.

Everton look to have made Jamaal Lascelles their number one defensive target but face a battle to land the defender as the clock ticks down towards the transfer deadline.

[...]

The report claims that the Toffees are preparing a £30m bid for the 24-year-old, who joined Newcastle from Nottingham Forest four years ago in a joint deal with Karl Darlow worth £7m. That bid is likely to be rejected as the Magpies are believed to value Lascelles in the region of £50m.

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2018/8/3/17648628/everton-transfer-rumours-summer-2018-newcastle-jamaal-lascelles-transfer-update-marco-silva

imagine if Lascelles got sold man :lol: fucking hell

Reckon Rafa would walk, and there would be hell on. In a perverse way, I want it to happen just so we can rid ourselves of Ashley finally. But who know, we've been here before. So hoping the rumour is bollocks.

Reckon Rafa would walk, and there would be hell on. In a perverse way, I want it to happen just so we can rid ourselves of Ashley finally. But who know, we've been here before. So hoping the rumour is bollocks.

Aye, I was thinking the same. How fucking shit is it when you want your best player and captain to fucking leave? Fuck off, you fat helmet.

Given that's exactly what the owner seems to want is the very reason I'm sort of expecting it. Bring the cash in whilst removing, what they perceive, as the the problem in one fell swoop. It's the exact thing they'd do too. They know nothing about football. His transfer fee would be put to good use to get us promoted in 2019/20