Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Please dont pay £20m for Ings for fucks sake

Don't worry. Not going to happen.

Obivously it's 99.9% not going to, but howay imagine breaking the transfer record and blowing £20m on Ings man :lol:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-news-transfers-live-15002093

Mark Douglas:

Newcastle United no longer in contention for Ings

Some more chat about Ings out there. But as far as we understand, it won’t be happening. And here’s what the Liverpool Echo report:

Ings’ three-year stay at the club is coming to an end with the Reds still expecting to bank around £20million for the former Burnley striker.

Crystal Palace and Southampton are the front-runners for his signature with Newcastle United no longer in contention.

Don't worry. Not going to happen.

Obivously it's 99.9% not going to, but howay imagine breaking the transfer record and blowing £20m on Ings man :lol:

You're 0.1% too optimistic.

Guest firetotheworks

James Collins on a free isn't sounding like the worst deal in the world at the moment

I'd probably rather we signed Joan tbh.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-news-transfers-live-15002093

Mark Douglas:

Newcastle United no longer in contention for Ings

Some more chat about Ings out there. But as far as we understand, it won’t be happening. And here’s what the Liverpool Echo report:

Ings’ three-year stay at the club is coming to an end with the Reds still expecting to bank around £20million for the former Burnley striker.

Crystal Palace and Southampton are the front-runners for his signature with Newcastle United no longer in contention.

Thank god. We've seen a lot of crazy fees lately but £20m for Ings would be the craziest one for me if Liverpool actually get that for him. 26 year old sicknote with one decent championship season and one decent premier league season behind him, three years ago. They weren't even spectacular seasons. 11 in the PL and 21 in the championship. :lol: Not that far off what Gayle did for us. I don't see any particular qualities other than that he seems to be at the right place at the right time in the box, but hes neither quick, strong or technical so fail to see how he would be suitable in our system.

Ings sounds like a Mark Hughes-type signing to me. A highly overpriced domestic player.

Statsbomb's Southampton preview is quite interesting. In it, they come out like a good bet for relegation.

I think we’ll get Fernandez from Swansea on loan and be done.

Can't loan him. :lol:

We can if there's an obligation to buy.

Think that's just rubbish from one of the journalists. Never seen it happen to show that it's true.

in fairness (FML) deals can be agreed in absolutely no fucking time if the will is there...on deadline day it's all agreement in principle subject to medical anyways when it gets late on

the time is no fucking excuse at this point; with a phone, pen & paper and fax/email it could all be done piss easy if you're willing to pay what's required

Rafa called it last week when he said we had two months to tie up deals, so it was a bit much to expect us to do anything in the last 7 days. We had no intention of doing any serious business and that will be proven on Thursday night.

in fairness (FML) deals can be agreed in absolutely no fucking time if the will is there...on deadline day it's all agreement in principle subject to medical anyways when it gets late on

the time is no fucking excuse at this point; with a phone, pen & paper and fax/email it could all be done piss easy if you're willing to pay what's required

Rafa called it last week when he said we had two months to tie up deals, so it was a bit much to expect us to do anything in the last 7 days. We had no intention of doing any serious business and that will be proven on Thursday night.

i'm just saying that time isn't the barrier now, and it never really has been