Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Guest firetotheworks

Mad to think that Riviere and Luuk De Jong were here only 2 years ago and people still try and claim that Joselu is one of the worst players we've ever had. :lol:

Mad to think that Riviere and Luuk De Jong were here only 2 years ago and people still try and claim that Joselu is one of the worst players we've ever had. :lol:

Completely forgot Riv existed. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Joselu isn't the worst but that is by no means a compliment :lol:

Definitely not. I still say that his hold up play was absolutely fine though. His entire ability has been judged on his goal scoring inability, really.

Shame, but realistically he's never going to be Prem level.

Wouldn't be adverse to this, if we install a buy back fee. Say sell him for 5 mill, put buy back of 15 mill in there, cover ourselves in case he suddenly breaks out.

Joselu reminds me of LDJ so much. Lanky, Lethargic, can't get any power on the ball.

If you watch some of the goals he scored at his previous clubs he got plenty of power behind his goals. He scored a cracker with his left foot against Real Madrid. Yet here I can barely remember a proper shot in anger from him

Joselu reminds me of LDJ so much. Lanky, Lethargic, can't get any power on the ball.

If you watch some of the goals he scored at his previous clubs he got plenty of power behind his goals. He scored a cracker with his left foot against Real Madrid. Yet here I can barely remember a proper shot in anger from him

The lad in the clips looks like a totally different player. After the first couple of games aswell, I thought we'd got a steal. Then it just seemed to break down.

The lad in the clips looks like a totally different player. After the first couple of games aswell, I thought we'd got a steal. Then it just seemed to break down.

I've made plenty of terrible posts on here but this has to be up there https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?topic=97048.msg5926198#msg5926198

Guest reefatoon

Imagine if it was Pardew that had signed Joselu. The fume would be tenfold. Never seen such a non entity player. Offers absolutely nothing and hope that is the last we ever see of him.

Guest firetotheworks

Pardew had some of the best players I've seen for us handed to him on a plate. Rafa signed Joselu because there was no other choice. Context matters.

Guest reefatoon

Imagine if it was Pardew that had signed Joselu.

Why would anyone want to do that?

This is true. It’s far too horrific on all fronts.

Pardew had some of the best players I've seen for us handed to him on a plate. Rafa signed Joselu because there was no other choice. Context matters.

Nobody forced him to buy the/a donkey. With all due respect to Joselu, who seems like a great guy. Also, for all the good players he's signed, especially at Napoli, there's quite a big percentage of relative dross.

Nobody forced him to buy the/a donkey. With all due respect to Joselu, who seems like a great guy. Also, for all the good players he's signed, especially at Napoli, there's quite a big percentage of relative dross.

all managers the same, nothing special about rafa in that

You couldn't really call Joselu a bad signing though, we desperately needed any striker after Rafa was let down on all his actual targets. I'm sure Stoke's third choice striker wasn't top of his shopping list.

He was all we could get our hands on at the time for the cash we had.

You couldn't really call Joselu a bad signing though, we desperately needed any striker after Rafa was let down on all his actual targets. I'm sure Stoke's third choice striker wasn't top of his shopping list.

i suppose you might argue the money might have been better spent on a loan fee and wages for a better striker, if you were being finicky, not that there's anything to say he would have been allowed to use the money in that way :/

i suppose you might argue the money might have been better spent on a loan fee and wages for a better striker, if you were being finicky, not that there's anything to say he would have been allowed to use the money in that way :/

Maybe Abraham from Chelsea on loan would have been a good idea....if only Rafa had thought about that at the start of the window.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk