Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I think he doesn't have a lot of faith in Rafa because of his failed signings, so he won't sanction anything other than loans. Regardless of the implications of that on any impending contract showdowns. Wouldn't be remotely surprised if he's sacked before the season's out.

Its not even that they're failed signings IMO. Its the lack of resale value. Rafa's best signings have been defenders and keepers, whereas under Carr centre halves were basically ignored as they're much harder to make a big profit on. Schar, Fernandez, Lejeune, even Clark were all great signings but you don't sell centre backs for massive money unless they're the full package like Van Dijk. 

He probably wasn't happy with the signings of Gamez, Lazaar, Sels; players who barely played (albeit Sels started the Championship season initially) but still picked up a wage and were difficult to shift. And thus probably thought, the wanker he is 'if you're so good a manager and demanding funds for players why have there been poor buys?' It's all about the resale value. It's probably the only thing that gives a modicum of realism to the Almiron deal happening.

Not sure how players who cost so little can be considered a failure honestly.

I mean, you generally get what you pay for.

Exactly...the "failure" was not investing in a more proficient centre forward, hardly Rafa`s fault

Agree, I understand people's frustration with certain players but it feels misdirected to me.

The angst of our supporters always seems to spill over, imagine what we could achieve if it was directed properly most of the time.

Wew hang on.. I 100% agree that the failure is lack of investment. You are right what you say you get what you pay for but to say Joselu has been anything other than a failure is bollocks IMO. Like I said I didn't know much about him before he signed but he was worse than I expected, therefore IMO he is a failure. Would you class him as a success? Has he successfully scored us goals which he was brought into do??

Exactly...the "failure" was not investing in a more proficient centre forward, hardly Rafa`s fault

Agree, I understand people's frustration with certain players but it feels misdirected to me.

The angst of our supporters always seems to spill over, imagine what we could achieve if it was directed properly most of the time.

Wew hang on.. I 100% agree that the failure is lack of investment. You are right what you say you get what you pay for but to say Joselu has been anything other than a failure is bollocks IMO. Like I said I didn't know much about him before he signed but he was worse than I expected, therefore IMO he is a failure. Would you class him as a success? Has he successfully scored us goals which he was brought into do??

He's par for the course given what we've paid. Scores the odd goal has the odd good moment which is about what 6 million gets for a striker in this day and age.

He plays for a side which doesn't suit his limited ability and doesn't score many either by the way.

He's clearly said to Rafa 'sign a longer contract, on these terms, and I'll give you a budget for the window' to which Rafa has probably told him to put his money where his mouth is first. There's been a mexican stand off and the result is that we will only get players in on loan.

I'd say this is to try to ensure safety and also in the knowledge that Rafa will walk in the summer.

In Ashley's view, there would be no point in spending money on players the next guy won't want.

Personally feel that Ashley will be very very happy to see the back of Rafa as he'll hate the political comments/games that Rafa plays. There's no way a Pardew, Kinnear or McClaren would have done what Rafa has done and certainly not as acutely.

We'll be back to a yes man in the summer who he'll probably give a budget to, albeit small. The money is there but the fat lad won't release it because of the Rafa contract situation imho.

The reason he wants Rafa to extend his stay is because he knows that the name and calibre makes us more attractive to potential buyers.

I think it's a double edged sword for Ashley, while he hates Rafa causing him problems, at the same time he must know that when he reverts to the yes man hiring policy, it will probably end up costing him a lot more money with poor signings and relegation. He'll be worried about relegation next year, but at the same time probably glad to see the back of Rafa and his pesky ambition.

He's par for the course given what we've paid. Scores the odd goal has the odd good moment which is about what 6 million gets for a striker in this day and age.

He plays for a side which doesn't suit his limited ability and doesn't score many either by the way.

Yeah I know all that, so that makes him a success?

He's clearly said to Rafa 'sign a longer contract, on these terms, and I'll give you a budget for the window' to which Rafa has probably told him to put his money where his mouth is first. There's been a mexican stand off and the result is that we will only get players in on loan.

I'd say this is to try to ensure safety and also in the knowledge that Rafa will walk in the summer.

In Ashley's view, there would be no point in spending money on players the next guy won't want.

Personally feel that Ashley will be very very happy to see the back of Rafa as he'll hate the political comments/games that Rafa plays. There's no way a Pardew, Kinnear or McClaren would have done what Rafa has done and certainly not as acutely.

We'll be back to a yes man in the summer who he'll probably give a budget to, albeit small. The money is there but the fat lad won't release it because of the Rafa contract situation imho.

The reason he wants Rafa to extend his stay is because he knows that the name and calibre makes us more attractive to potential buyers.

I think it's a double edged sword for Ashley, while he hates Rafa causing him problems, at the same time he must know that when he reverts to the yes man hiring policy, it will probably end up costing him a lot more money with poor signings and relegation. He'll be worried about relegation next year, but at the same time probably glad to see the back of Rafa and his pesky ambition.

It’s not just Rafa’s ambition that Ashley hates.  Fatboy can’t stand anyone who is loved by the fans and makes sure they all leave at some point.  Keegan, Shearer, Hughton, Carroll, Nolan etc etc.  He must cry himself to sleep that our fans sing Rafa’s name and fly flags with his name on while the only mention he gets is when we tell him to fuck off and call him fat.

It’s not just Rafa’s ambition that Ashley hates.  Fatboy can’t stand anyone who is loved by the fans and makes sure they all leave at some point.  Keegan, Shearer, Hughton, Carroll, Nolan etc etc.  He must cry himself to sleep that our fans sing Rafa’s name and fly flags with his name on while the only mention he gets is when we tell him to fuck off and call him fat.

Definitely. He'd probably prefer to risk relegation than continue to be the villain while Rafa is seen as a hero. He really is a thin skinned cunt in reality.

Definitely. He'd probably prefer to risk relegation than continue to be the villain while Rafa is seen as a hero. He really is a thin skinned cunt in reality.

Aye he’s pathetic.

Pretty easy for MA to be liked, treat the fans and the club with the respect we/it deserves. Invest in it and make it a success. Had he just been all-in from the get-go or learned from his mistakes in the past people would be leaving SD far alone as far as the NUFC supporter is concerned.

You watch, Rafa will keep us up, walk as he rightly should, we'll appoint some chump like Hughes, and give him £80M, and Ashley will spin it saying I would have given him the money, but he never signed on.

We're going to have so fucking much to do in the summer man.

Absolutely, first port of call is to get maximum cash for Lascalles and Shelvey. Then we need to fob Rondon off to ensure he's not wanting to return. Then there's the 'takeover' that will ensure we won't bring anyone in.