Transfer rumours

Yorkie

He’ll be cover for Ritchie.

A pointless transfer policy. Buying worse than you have already.

Same was said about Fernandez, Ki and even Schaar last summer.

"Buying players off relegated teams! This is terrible! What a farce!"

Come on guys. It's okay to complain and be negative, but at least do it over things that deserve it.

I can see your point of view but what's the point of having exciting players or players with potential when theres no sporting endeavour at the club? Every positive action the club takes (which is rare) is underpinned by the fact that they arent with the goal of winning games but making money. Its pointless.

We can watch exciting players at other clubs but I dont want to, I want to watch players playing for my club with the sole purpose of winning games, when that's absent, what's the point of getting excited?

Come on guys. It's okay to complain and be negative, but at least do it over things that deserve it.

I can see your point of view but what's the point of having exciting players or players with potential when theres no sporting endeavour at the club? Every positive action the club takes (which is rare) is underpinned by the fact that they arent with the goal of winning games but making money. Its pointless.

We can watch exciting players at other clubs but I dont want to, I want to watch players playing for my club with the sole purpose of winning games, when that's absent, what's the point of getting excited?

I just don't think this Willems signing is one to get annoyed over. It's actually a pretty shrewd signing IMO. I'm even a bit surprised to see squad signings being brought in.

Buying younger players with re-sale value, should not necessarily mean that they are flogged as soon as they do well for any money that comes in. It should really just mean that if players do well and interest comes in from outside parties, then the club can maximise the revenue from them and make huge profits, which should then go back into the team.

It should then get to a stage where there is less need to sell these players on and the team should go from strength to strength. Totally understand and agree that we cannot completely trust MA to actually stick to this approach, and so we'll see what transpires. If he doesn't, it will all implode and we can all have a good laugh at that, and he'll have to sell up at some point as we go tumbling downwards.

So desperate to nitpick at every morsel.

You can change it to we cannot trust him at all then.

Whatever gives you peace of mind.

Have you ever felt negative about a signing and posted about it here? Genuinely interested.

So desperate to nitpick at every morsel.

You can change it to we cannot trust him at all then.

Whatever gives you peace of mind.

Have you ever felt negative about a signing and posted about it here? Genuinely interested.

I wouldn't have been happy with the Colback signing, but not sure if I stated it at the time.

I tend to just wait to see how they perform. If they have abilities that I think will be useful to the team then I look at it more from that point of view.

If I'm not really sure I just keep quiet. Lamenting a squad player that has shown good ability in the past seems over the top. It's not that I actually came on here raving about the guy at all.

I just don't think this Willems signing is one to get annoyed over. It's actually a pretty shrewd signing IMO. I'm even a bit surprised to see squad signings being brought in.

Buying younger players with re-sale value, should not necessarily mean that they are flogged as soon as they do well for any money that comes in. It should really just mean that if players do well and interest comes in from outside parties, then the club can maximise the revenue from them and make huge profits, which should then go back into the team.

It should then get to a stage where there is less need to sell these players on and the team should go from strength to strength. Totally understand and agree that we cannot completely trust MA to actually stick to this approach, and so we'll see what transpires. If he doesn't, it will all implode and we can all have a good laugh at that, and he'll have to sell up at some point as we go tumbling downwards.

I love your optimism and yes, that might be a viable plan for a functioning club but profits re-invested in the team?  Going from strength to strength on the back of player sales?

We have 12 years of evidence showing this will not happen.

If you truly believe that (and from your posting history I can't believe you do) then you're in for a rude awakening.

I love your optimism and yes, that might be a viable plan for a functioning club but profits re-invested in the team?  Going from strength to strength on the back of player sales?

We have 12 years of evidence showing this will not happen.

If you truly believe that (and from your posting history I can't believe you do) then you're in for a rude awakening.

I have not stated anywhere I believe that will work as it should. The evidence clearly shows that it is likely to blow up in MA's face, yes. If it does, it will be what he deserves.

People support teams because they want them to win. When that the ambition to win games is no longer there then everything else the club does becomes pointless. Perhaps people are expressing there anger at the club in the wrong manner and writing off players before theyve started (although if you do look it's not the majority) but I certainly wouldnt call them crazy for not being able to be enthused by signings because at the end of the day we have Steve Bruce coaching these players. A manager who hasn't improved a single player.

You'd be a total fool carrying on doing something that's ultimately pointless, so why should it be different supporting this club?

As for the second part, well if I'm honest I think Ashley may start to invest a bit more because the numbers we've spent is unprecedented, but I refer back to the first point, they arent being signed to win games but to make money which rendered any joy out of these signings.

You only have to look at the current manager and compare him the the last manager to realise what Ashley's intentions are for these players.

Okay, well if you're saying that the criticism of every signing is just a venting tactic then that's fair enough.

I was just looking at it purely based on the players themselves, and so was just finding the whole thing strange.

Okay, well if you're saying that the criticism of every signing is just a venting tactic then that's fair enough.

I was just looking at it purely based on the players themselves, and so was just finding the whole thing strange.

I can guarantee that these signings would be welcomed with open arms by the majority if Rafa was still here. Sure, you'd get the odd few that would write them off, but that's part of football.

The issue is, that your perspective is shared by a large number of fans who are still willing to see these players in flesh for the very reasons you're stating, and that is a cancer for this club.

Guest chopey

Will Bruce even get a go at transfers? I mean we all knew he took the job because of his doormat patsy status but fuckin hell man.

I can guarantee that these signings would be welcomed with open arms by the majority if Rafa was still here. Sure, you'd get the odd few that would write them off, but that's part of football.

The issue is, that your perspective is shared by a large number of fans who are still willing to see these players in flesh for the very reasons you're stating, and that is a cancer for this club.

Someone mentioned it in another thread,  but with Rafa it isn't just about signing exciting players, he will buy less exotic types who will actually work together as a team. Joelinton, Maximin and Almiron should in theory make your mouth water as a front three, but you just know it will end up a holy mess under Bruce.

Guest chopey

I haven't really seen many people criticising the signings per se, the whole point is they can't/shouldn't be judged on football grounds. We just know they're stock for Mike Ashley Ltd to hold and sell for a profit.

Thread title change required

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-sell-players-before-16690731

Steve Bruce is understood to want a lean squad and will likely give the green light for sales now that the wheels are turning on several incoming deals. United will have to sell or loan players out to keep the squad balanced and will listen to offers for the likes of Rolando Aarons, Achraf Lazaar, Henri Saivet and Jamie Sterry.

They forgot one.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-sell-players-before-16690731

Steve Bruce is understood to want a lean squad and will likely give the green light for sales now that the wheels are turning on several incoming deals. United will have to sell or loan players out to keep the squad balanced and will listen to offers for the likes of Rolando Aarons, Achraf Lazaar, Henri Saivet and Jamie Sterry.

They forgot one.

:lol: they really didn’t