Transfer rumours

Yorkie

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/16331250.newcastle-will-have-to-pay-chelsea-premium-for-kenedy-deal/

Magpies officials are currently negotiating on a number of different fronts as they look to overhaul Rafael Benitez’s squad ahead of the start of pre-season training tomorrow.

Good f***ing luck!!!  :lol:

:thup: :lol:

The only part that intrigues me is the 'significant progress in the last few days with Chelsea' I'm going to need a long cold shower, if by some miracle they pull it off.

Would people be happy if we sold Mitro and Ritchie and brought in Pléa and Kenedy?

For sure if they are like-for-like replacements and not the only incomings.

Guest firetotheworks

Would people be happy if we sold Mitro and Ritchie and brought in Pléa and Kenedy?

Just about happy with that yeah. We'd still need a replacement for Ritchie though, unless Rafa's thinking of having him on the right and Murphy playing on the left.

Rondon strikes me as another Joselu sort of deal, in that Rafa likes his work rate and hold up play rather than goal record. Obviously he'll be a lot better version, but still expensive unless he's scoring goals.

We’d still be a winger short.

Think next season with a run of games Murphy can make the step up.

Assuming we sell Ritchie we need Townsend and Kenedy IMO, not that it will happen though.

In an ideal world where Ashley isn't an utter cunt: Plea, Townsend, Kenedy, #10, full back and maybe a CM. Obviously in that scenario Ritchie, Merino and Mitrovic would be sold.

Of course hardly any of this will actually happen.

Just about happy with that yeah. We'd still need a replacement for Ritchie though, unless Rafa's thinking of having him on the right and Murphy playing on the left.

I would be too; I can't see us forking out for those two AND Townsend. Would love to be wrong.

We’d still be a winger short.

Think next season with a run of games Murphy can make the step up.

Not sure he can have the impact Ritchie had. His presence on and off-the field is absolutely massive for us.

Jesus - 80 big ones a week! Stoke will have to go up next season!

We paid Shelvy that so that is their gamble

We were a Premier League team then!

Also Stokes revenue outside of TV money is about half ours so the drop in Premier League money is going to hit them far harder.

Jesus - 80 big ones a week! Stoke will have to go up next season!

We paid Shelvy that so that is their gamble

We were a Premier League team then!

We paid it in the Champ too