Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Guest firetotheworks

I'd be interested to know what our first offer was if our second was a loan until the end of the season

Something like this I imagine.

r74kwrik8nk11.jpg

I'd be interested to know what our first offer was if our second was a loan until the end of the season

I expect the exact same as the second one.

"How about now?"

"No"

"Now?"

"No, not for sale or loan"

"Now?"

"Please go away"

"How about now?"

Probably proposed that if they paid us 5m, his wages for 4,5 years, agent fees and changed their stadium name to SPORTSDIRECT@parcolympiquelyomayonnaise arena they would be allowed to loan Rafa for a month for a further 3m fee

From Mark Douglas.

Have been told the repayment of loans isn't the problem. Contract situation isn't stopping transfers full stop also.

Feels more like both manager and club are on totally different pages, recruitment-wise.

It could very well be the issue is still over the type of players we bring in i.e. young with potential.

But then I feel like Rafa has done pretty well getting those types in when he has, aside from Murphy perhaps.

Kenedy helped us finish 10th last season, Merino was quality and won us a lot of games as well as being sold for a profit ... maybe the club want to push more of those types, but Rafa is less in favour unless he knows the players very well.

Astonishing that this could still be the problem. If I were Rafa I would absolutely splurge Mike's money on these younger players and get those I felt most comfortable with. If they then flopped I'd come out and completely blame Mike Ashley 100% in the media. Win win IMO. Waste his money and make him look silly if need be.

It could very well be the issue is still over the type of players we bring in i.e. young with potential.

But then I feel like Rafa has done pretty well getting those types in when he has, aside from Murphy perhaps.

Kenedy helped us finish 10th last season, Merino was quality and won us a lot of games as well as being sold for a profit ... maybe the club want to push more of those types, but Rafa is less in favour unless he knows the players very well.

Astonishing that this could still be the problem. If I were Rafa I would absolutely splurge Mike's money on these younger players and get those I felt most comfortable with. If they then flopped I'd come out and completely blame Mike Ashley 100% in the media. Win win IMO. Waste his money and make him look silly if need be.

I think Benitez has no problem signing players that are young and have potential although he would like some experience added in, but Ashley doesn't give any consideration if such players fit a system he just cares about resale value.