Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Does he share agents with Joelinton?

Lols.

On that point; Chris Waugh wrote in The Athletic recently that Joelinton and ASM are represented by the same agency (ROGON) but I'm actually not seeing the latter on this list. Fair chance it just isn't up to date, like.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/rogon-sportmanagement-gmbh-amp-co-kg/beraterfirma/berater/1

Regardless, it's not surprising to see us being linked with more South Americans at this point in time, whether or not there's any credibility to it.

Chronicle peddling more club bullshit to go with the fakeover stories. Must be nearly transfer window time!

Another one of those instances where they’re just reporting what’s being mentioned elsewhere. They’ve not broke or released the story.

Isn't Lee Ryder usually kill this kind of stories?

Ashley has spent big in his own mind, of course Bruce will have to sell. Can't wait to see what sort of players he think will provide a solution. Good luck in finding a goal scoring striker under 25 years old.

Saw the bloke I know back end of last week; says scouts have sent in their reports but absolutely no confidence that we’ll be doing much and we can forget about getting a proper striker. Was also fairly scathing about Nickson.

Scathing in what way? Re his 'eye' for a player or something else?

He wouldn’t go into specific examples, the impression I got was that the scouts (or certain scouts) could find the next Maradona and nothing would be done unless the right criteria was met. When Nickson was appointed the feeling was that it was a good thing, it may well be that he is singing to Ashley’s tune completely now and that new signings have to fit the right criteria above what the team actually needs. I asked about a goal scorer and he simply laughed.

Scathing in what way? Re his 'eye' for a player or something else?

He wouldn’t go into specific examples, the impression I got was that the scouts (or certain scouts) could find the next Maradona and nothing would be done unless the right criteria was met. When Nickson was appointed the feeling was that it was a good thing, it may well be that he is singing to Ashley’s tune completely now and that new signings have to fit the right criteria above what the team actually needs. I asked about a goal scorer and he simply laughed.

It isn't new information to hear stories like this but it'll never stop being demoralizing.