Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Giroud lmao.

Aye ok Luke.

Needs games for the Euros so I imagine he’ll go to any major league team for game time. Maybe even not a side you’d expect.

He will also almost certainly have better offers.

Must be hard for Spurs to sign a striker. You saw with Janssen how hard it is to find the balance between someone prepared to play second fiddle but also good enough to start. Probably going to be permanently signing a 30+ year old striker winding down like Llorente. Giroud would have probably fit the bill but like neesy says, doubtful Chelsea would let him go. Daniel Sturridge potentially?

Where’s Brucey’s hero El-Mohammady these days? I think he’s moved with him everywhere he’s gone, can’t wait to see him lace up for us.

Villa isnt it? Yeah I’ve been thinking this too. Wouldn’t surprise me.

Rather sign Batshuayi than Giroud.

He's at a good age(26) and would score goals if he played continually. He's never been given a proper chance at Chelsea. Strong with good feet and I think he would fit in perfectly with ASM and Almiron.

Rather sign Batshuayi than Giroud.

He's at a good age(26) and would score goals if he played continually. He's never been given a proper chance at Chelsea. Strong with good feet and I think he would fit in perfectly with ASM and Almiron.

If we bring in a striker it better be someone that is incredibly strong at holding the ball up, which Batshuayi is not, because that is the only way we will manage to consistently get out of our half.

In fact with Bruce, we better not bring any foreign players, because they will not be prepared for this bollocks man. Then the next thing you know the fans are on their backs.

Just keep it real and go and find some physical grafters from the championship that have potential to maybe get better. Tron always mentions Chris Wood, and that is the type we should go and look for from the lower leagues.

Do not give this dufus any technically gifted players that are used to being on teams that actually have the ball. We need to stop this nonsense of bringing these types of players when we have these PFM managers.

If we bring in a striker it better be someone that is incredibly strong at holding the ball up, which Batshuayi is not, because that is the only way we will manage to consistently get out of our half.

theoretically correct but we can't do that with carroll in the team tbph and he's as good as it gets up there when able to walk

what we probably need is another ASM who can do it all on his own so there's at least one of them potentially always fit

theoretically correct but we can't do that with carroll in the team tbph and he's as good as it gets up there when able to walk

what we probably need is another ASM who can do it all on his own so there's at least one of them potentially always fit

Carroll is spent though, as his mobility is so bad now. We basically need a younger version.

In addition another ASM type would definitely be smart too, absolutely. The difference with him out is embarrassing really. However, again they'd better get a player that is physically gifted and energetic. Don't go and start bringing in a Thauvin or Cabella.

i don't think a top class target man would make the slightest bit of difference personally, we'd still be lumping it up to a guy 50 yards or whatever from the rest of the team

better to add a couple that are able to transition the ball themselves on the ground supported by almiron, leave the rest of the team defending, and hope that there's enough goals in there

i don't think a top class target man would make the slightest bit of difference personally, we'd still be lumping it up to a guy 50 yards or whatever from the rest of the team

better to add a couple that are able to transition the ball themselves on the ground supported by almiron, leave the rest of the team defending, and hope that there's enough goals in there

Honestly the target man doesn't even need to be class per se. Just needs to be strong with his hold up and be a good header of the ball in the box.

I think that improves the team overall and allows us to get chances and goals from multiple players.

I disagree on this. I think if we had Rondon and Perez this season we'd still be doing well because Bruce could just copy Rafa. It would have eventually went tits up anyway when he had to change it eventually based on injuries, players leaving, etc. but I think we could have got one good season out of it.

Even if we were lumping it 50 yards from everyone else, Rondon could win fouls, force defenders to put it out for throw ins and occasionally trap it himself. Joelinton can do none of that, and it was unfair to expect him to

Honestly the target man doesn't even need to be class per se. Just needs to be strong with his hold up and be a good header of the ball in the box.

I think that improves the team overall and allows us to get chances and goals from multiple players.

don't we cross the ball less than anyone else in the division?  and again, we have carroll who has played a fair bit and i don't think we've created a clear headed chance for him in the box in that time, not one that stands out to me

we don't have the players for a hold up game, our CMs aren't up to the cut and thrust of supporting play (shortstaff aside) on the regular so you'd be as well aiming for another ASM or two and hoping they can wreak enough havoc to make a difference as bruce isn't going to coach an improvement to the current setup

I disagree on this. I think if we had Rondon and Perez this season we'd still be doing well because Bruce could just copy Rafa. It would have eventually went tits up anyway when he had to change it eventually based on injuries, players leaving, etc. but I think we could have got one good season out of it.

Even if we were lumping it 50 yards from everyone else, Rondon could win fouls, force defenders to put it out for throw ins and occasionally trap it himself. Joelinton can do none of that, and it was unfair to expect him to

i'd refer you back to how much of a slog last season was at the beginning even with Rondon & Perez...it only changed the moment Ki came in the team and we started playing a structured buildup that moved the entire team up the pitch, longstaff came in for Ki and carried it on

point being even rafa struggled with it until then when there was a distinct change in the way we played, steve bruce is not capable of replicating that with or without those players

don't we cross the ball less than anyone else in the division?  and again, we have carroll who has played a fair bit and i don't think we've created a clear headed chance for him in the box in that time, not one that stands out to me

we don't have the players for a hold up game, our CMs aren't up to the cut and thrust of supporting play (shortstaff aside) on the regular so you'd be as well aiming for another ASM or two and hoping they can wreak enough havoc to make a difference as bruce isn't going to coach an improvement to the current setup

We have the least everything from an attacking standpoint because we spend so little time in the opposition's half. I think as a starting point we need someone to hold defenders off and lay the ball off simply to ASM, Miggy or Joelinton.

Once we get up the pitch I think we will at least get some decent crosses into the box occasionally and we need to capitalise. I can't see us using the ball well enough to create as many other types of chances.

That was my thinking around things.