Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Just a guess but id say Willock is a Jones signing, Willock would have been in Arsenal academy under Thierry Henry,

Henry and Jones worked together with Belgium and Henry might have given Jones a good report on Willock

Just a guess but id say Willock is a Jones signing, Willock would have been in Arsenal academy under Thierry Henry,

Henry and Jones worked together with Belgium and Henry might have given Jones a good report on Willock

Seems bit too simple to be true.

Maitland Niles been forced in to wingback position. The Arsenal fans I've heard from would like to see him play in midfield. Reckon he'd be better than Willock as a midfielder too. Not that Ive seen much of Willock, but MN hasn't been good on the left when he's played this season.

Agreed.

Of the two, AMN would have been my preference tbh.

Sums up this club. Lazy. Going for the less good option because it’s easier

TBF we need a midfielder more than a defender.

Good point

He has turned down going to Southampton because he wants to play CM.

Given his age and potential we should be approaching to sign him permanently. They were willing to sell in the summer. He fits the profile of players we "target", other than the fact we have to pay actual money for him. If the takeover wasn't bubbling away and the pandemic we would likely offer 8-10m to try and sign him imo.

UPDATE: Moot point - SSN - Agreed loan deal with WBA, heading for medical.

Deal agreed for AMN to go to WBA.

SSN seem to think it's led by him wanting to play in midfield, not as a wing-back as Southampton had intended.

I read somewhere that he didn't want to move to the south coast. If that was true then I doubt he's want to come all the way to Newcastle either. Otherwise I can't think of any good reason he'd choose WBA and Fat Sam.

I refuse to believe he'd choose West Brom over us, so why did we choose Willock over him? Very disappointing.

And if he thinks playing every week for West Brom will get him in the Euros squad, he's wrong.

Livermore's closer to the squad then Isaac Hayden so I'd say its a better bet for him if its england he's after

Choudury has been the shittest of all names mentioned so it will be him if anyone

Apart from Gueye, he's the only one who seems to be a midfield enforcer who could play the Diame role. We do need a player of that type, and although I'm not convinced he's much good on the ball, he would be much better equipped to close down opponents than Shelvey or Hendrick.

I refuse to believe he'd choose West Brom over us, so why did we choose Willock over him? Very disappointing.

And if he thinks playing every week for West Brom will get him in the Euros squad, he's wrong.

Livermore's closer to the squad then Isaac Hayden so I'd say its a better bet for him if its england he's after

99th and 100th on Southgate's list :lol:

Because we're absolutely shit at being a football club  :lol:

AMN desperate to play centre midfield, would have surely jumped at the chance should assurances have been made of his position. He's the exact type of player we need. Yet we let him go to a team who are going to be relegated and instead go for a player who has shown nothing to suggest he's particularly good or effective in the premier league.

AMN desperate to play centre midfield, would have surely jumped at the chance should assurances have been made of his position. He's the exact type of player we need. Yet we let him go to a team who are going to be relegated and instead go for a player who has shown nothing to suggest he's particularly good or effective in the premier league.

Ashley's NUFC, the absolute masters at making the wrong decision about everything!

You don't think the move to the north east might have been a factor?

You don't think the move to the north east might have been a factor?

Honestly, no. I just don't think we would have even tried to convince him. Just took the easier, shitter option.

Looks like the Choudhury deal is unlikely as well as it looks like Leicester have failed to sign the midfielder they wanted to bring in according to Sky.

Exactly why we will wait to announce willock until nearly deadline  despite it probably already being done.

Maybe that's a bit too optimistic and we get no one.