Transfer rumours

Yorkie

56 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

It just reafirms what we all know - Mike Ashley pulls all the strings, at NUFC.

Agree, we will bring players in, at minimum cost, but it won't be for a few weeks yet, I still think ASM will go near the end of transfer window.

Krul to Brighton I guess counts but he left permanently about 3 weeks after... What a season that was for him

"On 31 August 2017, Krul signed for Premier League club Brighton & Hove Albion on a season-long loan, reuniting him with former Newcastle manager Chris Hughton. On 19 September, he made his debut for the club in an EFL Cup third round tie against Bournemouth. The following day, he signed a permanent deal with Brighton, ending his twelve-year association with Newcastle. At the end of the season, Krul left the club." 

13 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Krul to Brighton I guess counts but he left permanently about 3 weeks after... What a season that was for him

"On 31 August 2017, Krul signed for Premier League club Brighton & Hove Albion on a season-long loan, reuniting him with former Newcastle manager Chris Hughton. On 19 September, he made his debut for the club in an EFL Cup third round tie against Bournemouth. The following day, he signed a permanent deal with Brighton, ending his twelve-year association with Newcastle. At the end of the season, Krul left the club." 

And HBA to Hull before that. Still hurts

Guest HTT II
46 minutes ago, Ashley17 said:

Were Norwich in the PL when we loaned them Jonas?

Eh we loaned Jonas? Fuck me I missed that one!

Guest neesy111
Just now, Nobody said:

Hayden? 

Technically it was Merino although he left not soon after, so would say it was Diame.  5 fucking years ago.

3 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Technically it was Merino although he left not soon after, so would say it was Diame.  5 fucking years ago.

Fuck me :lol:

There are so many of these throughout Ashleys time here as well. Obviously the big one was not breaking the transfer record for fucking ages, but there has been plenty of small ones like this as well. Not that I can actually think of any now mind. 

12 minutes ago, GWN said:

I’m horribly wanting us to sign no one .

is that bad? 

I thinks it's best for everyone if we sink into the championship for a bit.

2 hours ago, Ben said:

I thinks it's best for everyone if we sink into the championship for a bit.

Fuck this. No it’s not. And it never has been. Everyone needs to stop spouting this bullshit line. All it’s ever done is stuck us with Ashley longer. 

I hope we sign nobody, because again it might draw attention to the way we are (unfairly) run. 

My concern is , get a couple in, and the stadium will be 75% full ... hopefully with no new players, no fuckers will show up ... empty stadium on Sky ...

Edited by El Hozzo

No one cares how we're ran, they haven't for circa 15 years, why would they start now? 

It's win-win for Bruce, if we survive after an abysmal window, the media will be lining up to tell us how lucky we are to have him.

1 hour ago, cubaricho said:

Fuck this. No it’s not. And it never has been. Everyone needs to stop spouting this bullshit line. All it’s ever done is stuck us with Ashley longer. 

True but I get thy sentiment. I want Ashley/Bruce to lose every single game but I don't want us to get relegated. If we had a less hateful manager I think I could just enjoy apathy but instead we're stuck with the perfect storm. 

27 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

No one cares how we're ran, they haven't for circa 15 years, why would they start now? 

It's win-win for Bruce, if we survive after an abysmal window, the media will be lining up to tell us how lucky we are to have him.

Yep. And they'll spin the narrative that he didn't get backed under Ashley, so not his fault at all. It really is shit being a Newcastle supporter man.

Edited by Menace