Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Guest reefatoon

More Steve and no new players. That’s me off to buy my ludicrously priced replica shirt and diabolically priced season ticket. 

43 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Was initially surprised he's had to go back to Japan like. Would have thought a European team would have a pop ubt having said that, he's 29 and with 2 goals in his last 50 appearances. 

Poor like. 

Aye, often couldn't get into the team that finished rock bottom of La Liga last season. 

From the BBC Transfer Gossip

Newcastle United have enquired about a possible move for Juventus' 30-year-old Wales midfielder Aaron Ramsey. (Goal)

Newcastle United are looking to sign 21-year-old French midfielder Boubacar Kamara from Marseille for about £10m. (Mail)

3 hours ago, Away Toon said:

From the BBC Transfer Gossip

Newcastle United have enquired about a possible move for Juventus' 30-year-old Wales midfielder Aaron Ramsey. (Goal)

Newcastle United are looking to sign 21-year-old French midfielder Boubacar Kamara from Marseille for about £10m. (Mail)

Man, Ramsey is 30 already. Time flies. 

Other reports yesterday that the Kamara bid was apparently 12m, and turned down already. 

2 hours ago, McCormick said:

:lol: Kamara  for 12m. He’s supposedly one of the hottest young prospects in Europe ffs.

Should have gone in for 12.2m. Start with a reasonable but low bid, with a view to negotiating our way to 12.25m. 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Getting Willock and another decent midfielder might make me actually want to watch us play more than I do right now. 

Steve Bruce chokes on a steak pasty before the first game, and Mike Ashley is sucked into his hot-tub jets and minced alive.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-joe-willock-kick-21210876

When asked if he had a self-imposed deadline for the Willock loan bid, Bruce said: "No.

"But I would kick myself if it happened (he left on loan) and we didn't get him.

"So no I haven't got a cut-off point in my head."

Meanwhile, the other loanee the Magpies are chasing in Axel Tuanzebe has been linked with Aston Villa.

However, sources at the Old Trafford end are quoting an astronomical £5million loan fee for his services this season.

Given Newcastle have already said on the record - via Bruce himself - the club have minimal funds to spend, such a cost would dent Newcastle's transfer budget significantly.

United are hopeful of boosting the coffers slightly by offloading Yoshinori Muto to Vissel Kobe.

This would trim the club's wage budget with Muto's £54,000 per week earnings coming off Newcastle's finances.

I do wonder where the problem lies in all this