Transfer rumours

Yorkie

1 hour ago, Bishops Finger said:

Don't think our medical team are that far advanced yet. Probably just bludgeoned it with a club or something 

Kathy Bates in Misery style??

Wouldnt surprise me.

Edited by Lazarus

Just now, joeyt said:

He'd certainly improve our defence if we got him fit

I flip between the thoughts that he'd be our best defender by some distance to he's completely finished... especially once i think of his face. [emoji38]

12 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I flip between the thoughts that he'd be our best defender by some distance to he's completely finished... especially once i think of his face. [emoji38]

When it comes to Newcastle, those 2 things aren't mutually exclusive. 

How many times do these players coming down and injury prone turn around? Walcott has contributed I guess? 

It is amazing we would happily gamble here but have seemed to repeatedly snubbed Willems coming back. He is a proven commodity and fit for us. He has to be finished at the top level or surely we would offer him a Carroll-esque pay as you play deal. 

In both cases banging on about the 25 man squad being full, we can't be gambling on someone that might be a complete waste of a spot. More excuses for getting no one else in.

Man United’s cast off defenders have mostly tended to be actually quite decent when they go to other teams.

Evans is the obvious example but there’s also Michael Keane, Smalling is doing ok in Italy, Blind has done well at Ajax. There’s probably loads am leaving out.

26 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Yeah Jones could go either way. Like someone else said, could come in and be our best defender, but equally it could be another Danny Rose situation.

At least his facial expressions will increase the comedic effect whenever we concede a goal

Guest reefatoon
37 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

:lol: Imagine getting rid of Lejeune to bring fucking Phil Jones in.

I don’t even think he would be a Lejeune replacement. Fully expecting the fat pest to get shot of Schar if he brings a defender in.

4 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Man United’s cast off defenders have mostly tended to be actually quite decent when they go to other teams.

Evans is the obvious example but there’s also Michael Keane, Smalling is doing ok in Italy, Blind has done well at Ajax. There’s probably loads am leaving out.

None were as broken and injury prone as Jones though. He has averaged about 10 appearances in the past 3 seasons, although he was out last year. 8 the season before. Makes Willems look like an iron man.