Brighton & Hove Albion 1 - 1 Newcastle United (06/11/21)

BlueStar

That was a particularly galling way to not win a game.  I hope he gets the max suspension.

As has been pointed out, as the game went on we looked the fitter team.

Until the window opens it will be every hand on deck.  Good on Joelinton.  For all his faults he was max effort. And maybe, just maybe with better fitness he can be a contributor.

1 hour ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Honestly think Almiron will be the biggest beneficiary of Howe's coaching and philosophy. Judging by the videos, Howe loves wide players with loads of energy back and forward. Miggy can be that guy on the left (still think he's best as a 10).

Almiron has been without a plan for a long time now. Told to just get back and run around a bit and you can really tell. Sometimes, his talent shines through like Man U away, but there's so little structure for him to do that consistently.

I agree. Until the transfer window.

4 hours ago, Collage said:

I just can’t see what kind of player Joelinton is supposed to be. He’s big and strong but useless in front of goal. He’s slow and clumsy, so can’t play as a wide forward/winger.

You watch the highlights of him at Hoffenheim and it's a totally different player, they had him tee'd up to replace Firmino. :lol: 

4 hours ago, KaKa said:

In a game of Football Manager he'd be a wide target man ... in real life only the Lord above knows. 

:lol: the Lord would order him to be shot behind the barn like the useless mule he's become. Poor guy. 

4 hours ago, KaKa said:

Very interesting shout and comparison. He'd need some work in the gym on his core strength though, as his balance seems terrible.

Fellaini was exceptional in bringing the ball under control and holding people off. Was really strong on the ball.

Everton Fellaini was fucking awesome. Had so much influence on the game, shame it went to shit for him at Man U. 

2 hours ago, Consortium of one said:

As has been pointed out, as the game went on we looked the fitter team.

Not really surprising considering that the players had a resting heart rate throughout the entire first half.

Started brightly but just descended into headless chicken mode with amnesia in terms of controlling the football. He should be a number 10 for sure. Didn't help he was making up for Hayden hiding and shelvey being shelvey in the first half. 

With some tactical discipline and coaching he will be back quickly on course. He is best behind Wilson imo but unless Fraser miraculously comes back to his best I think it's more likely he and ASM man the wings. Willock behind Wilson.

24 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

I meant Almiron. He was beyond awful yesterday. 

I think bar Wilson they have to a man been shite .

Almiron will be a key player for us getting out of this , then needs binned , clearly has limitations but we need to get someone to stop pissing around with him and find him again. Not a finisher but got us “up the pitch” .Worse than him to dig out IMO overall but yes I agree was shite yesterday but they all were .