Brighton & Hove Albion 1 - 1 Newcastle United (06/11/21)

BlueStar

Just now, Inferior Acuña said:

That's fucking enraging that. The rules are all wrong there. Denying a goal scoring opportunity should be a pen regardless of whether in the box. That's the point of pens. Yet you don't get one for that but it hitting someone's arm in some non threatening position is.

Their pen was a bad call IMHO. Should have been 1-0 and 3pts.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

How the fuck did we not have a shot at the end there? Fucking ridiculous.

Can't wait for Howe to run them into the ground in training. They are so bloody wretched.

Absolutely pathetic end to the match, like. Failing to even test Dunk is a disgrace, particularly with that free kick from Shelvey, completely cowardly to just aimlessly float it in. 

Better second half but the job on Howe's hand with this lot is as big as I can remember seeing a new manager face for us. 

Not even a shot at the makeshift keeper - Pathetic, truly fucking pathetic. I know that footballers are thick, but fuck me. That game was there to be won in the second half. Keeping Shelvey on was stupid, trying to use nobraincelles and clark as ballplaying CB's is so shit.

Decent result considering the dismal 1st half.

That last 5 minutes after the red card were absolutely infuriating though.  Why didn't Shelvey just take a shot rather than attempting whatever that free kick was.  Just get a shot on target & hope that the makeshift keeper makes an error.  Then to end up being outplayed whilst they only had 9 outfield players was just the icing on the shitcake.

Also, Joelinton didn't look awful when he came on.

Even though i do not like how Jones has set up the teams in theese 3 games, 2 points out of them is still 2 more points than i would have dared to hope under Bruce, so with howe coming in and hopefully that means its upwards and onwards for us from here. 

That was a really good second half and it felt great to be this much into a game again, just wish Wilson was able to score that, but we've got something to build on and hopefully Howe can take us forward now, with all the attacking players we've got we should really try and play more on the front foot.

5 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

There has to be some sort of different punishment for what the keeper did. Its basically the right thing for him to do.

Penalties are a bit of an arbitrary rule tbh

Mad how you can lose a game for a defender accidentally handing the ball in line with the corner flag and 10 yards from goal with nobody arround. Or win a game because your keeper snaps someone through on goal outside the box.

not saying it should be changed (I don't want it to be either) but it is weird and a bit archaic.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

That fk from Shelvey man. Absolutely hilarious. 

Mind you it sums up how broken this team is in terms of its confidence and mentality. Somehow scrambled a point out of that game but they were terrified of getting three. 

Improvement at least, and something for Eddie to work with and build on. But why the set penis with a center half in goal? FFS.

If Brighton are that high up the league, Howe's got this. We'll need to buy, but all is not lost. 

5 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

Thought Big Joe had a decent cameo, albeit the bar is depressingly low. 

Did some good and some bad. Still falls over too much for my liking, just too clumsy. Lets see what the new bunch make of him. He needs a lot of individual coaching which is a speciality of theirs.

That ball in behind for Wilson was absolutely outrageous, and like I said previously he has a strange knack for that. Cannot believe Wilson tried to keep dribbling though, the goal was open for him to slot it in. Keeper was nowhere.

Edited by KaKa

Brighton weren’t very good and if we showed an ounce of intent we would have won.

ASM was a shadow of the player we love , very disappointed with how we approach games . 

That’s a worst ever start to ANY season in outperform history, well done Bruce/Jones now bin Jones and clear out the rot on the field , go down and start again .The only way , staying up looks a million miles away .