Brighton & Hove Albion 1 - 1 Newcastle United (06/11/21)

BlueStar

1 minute ago, worthy said:

Agreed. No way he would go down on a open goal like that. You see on the replay that he gets clipped and the leg shoots in to his other leg so he loses all balance in the run. Fair play to the keeper as that saved them due to our players being fucking stupid and not managing to test Dunk in goal.

I'm not saying he went down on purpose but he might have had time to stumble back up and score, players go down to easy and maybe could have got shot away. I'm probably being too harsh on the lad but just desperate for a win 

Decent point considering how bad we looked. The end was a shambles like everyone has mentioned. Jones taking a leaf straight out of Bruce’s book and throwing an extra striker on. 

We can’t continue to play 3 centre backs who can’t pass. It’s crippling to the whole formation. 

Im really trying not to be negative but there’s a deep rooted losers mentality that’s been installed in these players going from Rafa to Bruce “ticking over”. Howe has a massive massive job on his hands and im

worried we’ve wasted too much of the season to stay up. 

Just now, Danh1 said:

Jones 2 points out of 3 tricky games, despite his ineptness. :lol: 

More points per game than the plastic Geordie cabbage. In harder fixtures as well. Dour backs to the wall stuff though, even if the defending has been slightly less inept. 

Just now, ManDoon said:

As much as it pissed me off, I wonder Darlow would have had the nous to clip Wilson there.

He’d have to get off his line to be in that position so no chance. Can’t wait for Dubravka to be back. 

Well it's the second best result after winning I guess.

Such a huge chance this game was for 3 points. Brighton weren't good. Lamptey was fantastic. We were maybe the worst I have seen us after a brighter start. 

Second half was better but the 3 points was there. 

This squad is so benefit of confidence, leadership on and off the pitch and the players have all regressed so much it is scary. Couldn't be a much bigger job for Howe and his team. I'm here for it though. I hope all out players are too.

7 minutes ago, Collage said:

I just can’t see what kind of player Joelinton is supposed to be. He’s big and strong but useless in front of goal. He’s slow and clumsy, so can’t play as a wide forward/winger.

In a game of Football Manager he'd be a wide target man ... in real life only the Lord above knows. 

Edited by KaKa

Thought he could have went to a back 4 earlier but much improved second half without being threatening. Maybe the change Potter made at half time and early in the second half helped. 

There's a lot of little things to put right with this team, most of them basic. I feel confident that Howe can get a tune out of them to keep us up. 

Really loving the clips of Howe and Tindall having a proper discussion about what they were seeing out there.

Come on, can't wait for the new start after the break.

Edited by KaKa

Would have taken a draw before the game, and especially after that first half shitshow. Yet, we could have easily won in the end. Flashes there perhaps that we're not as shit as we think, and with a different lineup and Howe instilling some belief and tactics, who knows? Maybe we can escape.

Just now, KaKa said:

Really loving the clips of Howe and Tindall having a proper discussion about what they were seeing out there.

Come on, can't wait for the new start after the break.

Glad we have the international break as well 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Glad we have the international break as well 

Yeah, going to be so valuable for the new regime, as they won't be off to Portugal for it.

Edited by KaKa

7 minutes ago, Collage said:

I just can’t see what kind of player Joelinton is supposed to be. He’s big and strong but useless in front of goal. He’s slow and clumsy, so can’t play as a wide forward/winger.

He could do a felliani type role with his physique. Doesn't need to be great at passing or shooting for it either