Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

30 minutes ago, Iwantcurlyhair2 said:

Lots of black and white at Tibshelf services.

Quite a few at Wetherby just now too

20 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

First ever NUWFC game for me today, actually my first ever women's football match. Also my first NUFC game since Rafa left. Lovely to be back supporting a team in black in white in person. Howay the lasses! :indi:

Glory hunter

39 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I wonder if the lasses will use the men's coach today seeing as it's a final and obviously the men are in Dubai.

I think Eddie Howe is going to dubai with them

On 04/03/2024 at 18:22, geordiesteve710 said:

We parked on Marlborough Street in December. Quiet, wide, reasonably leafy residential street. We parked next to a little pedestrian cut to Lansdowne Road.

Parked here. Still plenty of space. It says four hour max stay but I'm going to risk it.

26 minutes ago, jack j said:

I think Eddie Howe is going to dubai with them

Lucky or they'd all get injured before kickoff :laugh2:

15 hours ago, Paullow said:

Yes, it's on iPlayer and BBC website, just me being greedy ;D

3pm KO? Mmm? Decisions, decisions. Do I sit freezing my bits off in the wind at Blue Star v Sunderland West End or watch this at home? Either way, howay the lasses!

Just now, Scoreboard82 said:

3pm KO? Mmm? Decisions, decisions. Do I sit freezing my bits off in the wind at Blue Star v Sunderland West End or watch this at home? Either way, howay the lasses!

2:30ko 

18 hours ago, OpenC said:

Has anyone watched them play? I could only judge them by their score against Halifax, which wasn't as good as our score against Halifax.  

I’ve watched them play a few times, one of their stand out players Emma Samways, an attacking midfielder is out with an ACL as of only last week. Grace Gillard their CB captain is talented, and they’ve some quality in forward areas too in Sammy Rowland.

The issue is I haven’t watched Newcastle often enough to be able to compare quality, however they’re roughly on par with Portsmouth on their day. I’d expect a close contest with Newcastle slight favourites especially with Samways out.

Enjoy it OC!

Edited by Infinitely Content

29 minutes ago, Leemond said:

Is this throphy the equivalent of the Papa John's?

Kind of, but it's obviously just a 22 game league season, rather than 46 + potentially 3 more, and no actual EFL Cup equivalent as well, so it will generally be deemed more important to the average team, plus no development sides either (I don't think).