Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

Match against Burnley postponed due to the death of Sheffield United player Maddy Cusack.

I was going to ask what was happening with the Halifax home match. It's now 5 weeks since the postponement but seemingly no word as to whether it will be quietly rearranged or if Newcastle will be awarded the points. 

Not all matches are postponed this weekend, so they will already have a fair bit of catching up to do on others, more so if they keep progressing in cups.

1 minute ago, Paullow said:

Match against Burnley postponed due to the death of Sheffield United player Maddy Cusack.

I was going to ask what was happening with the Halifax home match. It's now 5 weeks since the postponement but seemingly no word as to whether it will be quietly rearranged or if Newcastle will be awarded the points. 

Not all matches are postponed this weekend, so they will already have a fair bit of catching up to do on others, more so if they keep progressing in cups.

Re Halifax. Is it a postponement when one team just says they aren't turning up ?. Should have forfeited the points imo.

26 minutes ago, madras said:

Re Halifax. Is it a postponement when one team just says they aren't turning up ?. Should have forfeited the points imo.

Supposed to be 3-0 win awarded. Look forward to seeing how they bend that rule

5 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Yeah, was ridiculous. We don't want to come because England are playing was no justification like, should have just got the bye

Scandalous excuse, especially given we offered a place to watch, food and a late ko. 

Aye it is.

Think I'll go and see them in the next few weeks - anybody know if there's parking at Kingston Park? Haven't been for probably 20 years, zero recollection of it.

Edited by OpenC

2 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Aye it is.

Think I'll go and see them in the next few weeks - is there parking at Kingston Park? Haven't been for probably 20 years

I dunno either I’ve not been since I had a trial for Newcastle Gosforth as a 17 year old (I joined the RAF at 18) 😂 I’d imagine so though as my sister takes my nephew to watch the Falcons quite regularly and has to drive from Ashghanistan

Sounds like a fiesty end to the game!! Very rare to see reds in women's games, but the opposition  got 1 and apparently an unused sub got one too!!

Also read one of their players got sin-binned, anyone know what that's all about? 

3 minutes ago, iklgizmo said:

They're playing top of the table Burlney this Sunday, 2pm at Kingston Park.

Would be good to get a decent few along given there is no men's football on!!

Seems like the type of match they could've stuck on at SJP with it being a big game and during the international break.

Beat them at the start of the season in the cup, so players should have some confidence from that.

Just now, BonesJones said:

Seems like the type of match they could've stuck on at SJP with it being a big game and during the international break.

Beat them at the start of the season in the cup, so players should have some confidence from that.

Yea its weird that they havnt announced any games at SJP Park yet. They're definitely missing out capitalising on the lionesses success over the summer.

Arsenal got 54k at the Emirates last week!!!