Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

11 minutes ago, Stifler said:

With these signings, what the chance that they get promoted next season?

They have got another 3/4 good players to announce 

They are looking to get promoted again (however it won’t be easy) as wolves beat them 5-1 last season in the cup and they are in this league 

Wolves to be fair came runners up (only on goal difference) 

We need to win the league again to get promoted ! Only 1 team goes up 

Judging by the level of players we are bringing in , I think we will be in the mix for sure 

West Brom came 8th (out of 12) in that league and also beat Newcastle (last pre season) so the friendly at St James park will be a good barometer to how things could go 

albeit West Brom struggled last year , so I am hoping we beat them quite convincingly.

The level of players we are bringing in are all championship (which is the next league up) so it should make them very competitive.

What length of contracts we handing out? We’re obviously looking to get immediate promotion and just wondering if the new players would be able to push for a further promotion? We’re going to need a couple of new teams to get us through the divisions?

Contracts tend to be very small, most likely only 1 year. Even in the WSL most players are on 1 year contracts, although that definitely seems to be changing. That's also why transfers fees are a fairly new thing in the women's game.

There is such a huge step up to the WSL even from the championship, so you don't want to be stuck with a load of players who aren't good enough, and no room in the squad for newer and better players

From what I can gather:

GK: Grace Donnelly, Hannah Reid

DEF: Grace Boyes, Daisy Burt, Charlotte Potts, Keira Skelton, Jess Spark, Olivia Watt, Jodie Bartle, Naomi Bedeau

MID: Kacie Elson, Georgia Gibson, Amy Hargrace, Cara Milne-Redhead, Georgina Spraggon, Sharna Wilkinson, Hannah Greenwood, Elysia Boddy, Emma Kelly

ATT: Katie Barker, Becky Ferguson, Lois Greenslade, Erin Nelson, Bianca Owens, Anna Soulsby, Bridget Galloway, Tyler Dodds, Amber-Keegan Stobbs

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

From what I can gather:

GK: Grace Donnelly, Hannah Reid

DEF: Grace Boyes, Daisy Burt, Charlotte Potts, Keira Skelton, Jess Spark, Olivia Watt, Jodie Bartle, Naomi Bedeau

MID: Kacie Elson, Georgia Gibson, Amy Hargrace, Cara Milne-Redhead, Georgina Spraggon, Sharna Wilkinson, Hannah Greenwood, Elysia Boddy, Emma Kelly

ATT: Katie Barker, Becky Ferguson, Lois Greenslade, Erin Nelson, Bianca Owens, Anna Soulsby, Bridget Galloway, Tyler Dodds, Amber-Keegan Stobbs

28 players seems quite a big squad for only 22 or so league games, some players will surely get next to no playing time all season. Unless a few more of the originals get moved on in the coming weeks. You'd think with limited midweek games they could get by with around 20.

27 minutes ago, Paullow said:

28 players seems quite a big squad for only 22 or so league games, some players will surely get next to no playing time all season. Unless a few more of the originals get moved on in the coming weeks. You'd think with limited midweek games they could get by with around 20.

They have a reserve/youth team as well now so I expect some of that 28 will cross over into that? Also not sure the 28 count is right, they only announced retaining 16 and have added 8? 

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/newcastle-united-women-publish-retained-list/

Might have missed them, but no Jess Spark, Amy Hargrace, Georgina Spraggon or Lois Greenslade on the above list or released or retained. I know Spraggon was in the youth/reserve team last year as well as the main. Maybe that is the same for the other three. 

15 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Reckon they’ve got a good shot with all these signings?

Looking in to some of the singings, it appears we're taking players who have experience in this league and the league above. Amber Keegan Stobbs has played in the Championship for the past 5 years, for example. Hannah Greenwood played for Durham. Looks like we're adding quality and experience.