Leicester City vs. Newcastle United - 12/12/21 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

10 minutes ago, Dokko said:

We should have a N-O Dads day out for Cambridge FA cup match. Sure I seen a few others thinking of taking their kids to it.

That would be class ha ha, only if I can leave my kids with whoever after the match for a week or so mind…

Edited by HTT II

It’s my boy’s team-mate’s birthday party on Sunday by the way, a limo to SJP for a stadium tour and then some lunch at the stadium, he wants to take his phone so he can take loads of photos and wants to wear his Toon kit. He loves his team-mate, but is buzzing more to be visiting a stadium he last visited when he was 3 I think and mainly was more interested in the scran van outside the stadium, and the bus ride. He’s just turned 8, I hope he gets a real buzz for it all. 

We are currently 15th in the form guide (last 6 games), 11th in goals scored for form guide (last 8 games). Just attack them! They will fold!

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

I can confirm I’m back in love and fully immersed and interested with all things NUFC again, but I doubt I’ll ever go back to games fully, the odd cup game here and there and maybe some away games in London to coincide with visiting family maybe. I’m just happy to watch from the comfort of my home and happily just be an armchair fan, comfortable in the knowledge I’ve done my time over the years supporting us home and away in person and protesting and various other stuff.

Before the takeover I wanted the club to crash and burn, lose every game and for the fans home and away to suffer, now I’m the opposite and I’m delighted for everyone and especially old timers going back to games again. It is our club after all and we now have it back. I don’t care about the noise over the takeover and our owners, they could just run us like they have thus far and invest modestly and I’d be delighted as long as we have a club that tries on and off the pitch. Happy days!

I know you’ll be back at home games. I can feel it. We need the old guard back! 

if the atmosphere is good now; imagine all the hard core back…

1 minute ago, TheGuv said:

I know you’ll be back at home games. I can feel it. We need the old guard back! 

if the atmosphere is good now; imagine all the hard core back…

Sadly I doubt it, my weekends are full with my boy’s football and I can’t be arsed with the whole chore of match day these days, I’ll go to some games, but again, I’m happy to sit back and enjoy and bask in any of our games and fortunes coming up. Plus, let the future generations enjoy and go to games, I’ve had my time, great times under KK and Sir Bobby. 

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Sadly I doubt it, my weekends are full with my boy’s football and I can’t be arsed with the whole chore of match day these days, I’ll go to some games, but again, I’m happy to sit back and enjoy and bask in any of our games and fortunes coming up. Plus, let the future generations enjoy and go to games, I’ve had my time, great times under KK and Sir Bobby. 

Nope.

Shall we do an N-O day for the Cambridge game? Would be good to meet plenty of you and we can get you all back into the swing of it!

5 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Nope.

Shall we do an N-O day for the Cambridge game? Would be good to meet plenty of you and we can get you all back into the swing of it!

I’d be up for that like :thup:

2 hours ago, Dokko said:

Couldn't agree more, however that moment against Brentford before kick-off singing to 'Hey Jude' with my 2 boys was something I'll take to the grave. My emotions were all over the place, still are thinking about it. A spark I never knew I had still left in me. Pure, clean Euphoria, only experienced elsewhere via chemicals. If that's the future for my boys growing up supporting their team. Ah man, I need to have some of it in a supporting role now the main event has passed for me.

Since then I've changed. Just listening to Hey Jude earlier on my new earbuds as i break them in. No one in the house and i'm on the coffee table shouting 'Na na na naaaa, Geordies!'  It's fucking back and uncontrollable, it may be the most I've felt about anything for a long time. As sad are those comments are 'fuck it i'm on one' as Prof Eminem once said.

Also had a few drinks tonight, might explain things. :lol:

Kids aren't daft mate, I took mine to one or two games during the Ben Arfa/Cabaye years, they loved those, then got disheartened by the rotten years that followed, but when you keep the faith it does impact them at some level. Now they will know why. 

3 hours ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Just found out that I'm doing a Xmas walk tomorrow starting at 1.30, so won't be able to see the game.

Will just have to have the 'shock' of seeing the full result when I get back.

Hoping for a 3-1.

Your lass dragging you out Christmas shopping isn't she? And you're calling it a Christmas walk!