Leicester City vs. Newcastle United - 12/12/21 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

7 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

"Newcastle will be licking their lips. It’s going to be a horrible afternoon I can feel it already. The crowd will turn in an instant, if things aren’t going well."

"Hard to for see anything but another defeat. 1-2"

"I honestly can forecast this game already. Put money on us going behind coming back, then losing, Wilson to score at some point, massive boos at full time."

"Are we comfortably better?? Based on what? We both concede a hatful, if they beat us (highly possible) they will only be a couple of wins behind us in the league. We are in no position to claim we are better than anyone right now. We have better players but nearly all of them are badly out of form or injured."

"Well we need to score 2 to at least get a draw. "

"0-3 loss"

"Not going to be pretty is it"

"This is going to be awful on the pitch and even worse in the stands. One sideways pass and it will kick off."

:scared:

Are we certain these aren't just quotes from us during the last few Bruce matches?

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

This may be this first time in years where a set of fans actually seems worried about playing us?

What's wrong with them?.....even with the Howe improvement they could still probably put 3 or 4 past us with their reserves

We won there last season, with Steve Bruce in charge. Any team can lose on a given day.

If they are at their best we will lose, if they are not, we have a chance to win the match.

37 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

What a bunch of ungrateful bastards, the time they've had over recent seasons.

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/127377-its-been-a-long-time-since-ice-felt-this-bad-as-a-leicester-supporter/

Them poor Leicester fans have had it rough. 

An FA Cup 7 months ago. Blimey, how do they get out of bed in the morning? Must be so difficult sitting 11th in the league.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

26 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Someone at work saying they played last night, and also struggling, with covid across the group.

Not that I want them to be sick or anything, but it might help us get a result hopefully, if they're short in the first team department. 

The fucker will get called off, the PL can’t have us possibly picking up points we shouldn’t 

Just now, kisearch said:

Absolutely guarantee that most of the people on here will be exactly the same a couple of years after tasting a bit of success. Not even a shadow of a doubt in my mind. :lol:

Nope, it's all about perspective. I've seen us rise, fall, rise again and then fall for a long time with just an anomaly season (Pardew 5th) to break up the despair.

No matter what comes next I'll never lose sight of that. I was lucky enough to see SBR build that team that was ready to challenge the top 4 but there was also a few years where we were not so great before we got to that point. So to see that side become what they were felt extra special because there was context there. I was only really old enough to have seen one or two seasons of Andy Cole, and then after it was cherries on top type football for the next two seasons.

Looking back, Kenny Dalgish is every much of a villain as Steve Bruce in my eyes, dismantling a title challenging team to give jobs to his geriatric Liverpool mates is something I'll never get my head around. If SBR hadn't come in to save us a few years after I don't even want to contemplate where we might be now.

41 minutes ago, kisearch said:

Absolutely guarantee that most of the people on here will be exactly the same a couple of years after tasting a bit of success, if it comes. Not even a shadow of a doubt in my mind. :lol:

To be fair, we’ve not known any success in the last 20 years really in terms of challenging at least so it’s hard to gauge how fans will react once we’ve had that again and then don’t suddenly have more success or bigger success. By and large NUFC stick with their team and club, I mean look at under Ashley, two relegations, no cup runs., shocking managers, Rafa leaving, Bruce etc. etc. We should know better than anyone, however, never to criticise other clubs’ fans for wanting more or better given we have been blasted by all and sundry as being deluded, over expectant, hounding managers out etc. I’d be pissed of if I was a Leicester fan and Rodgers does have form for it going tits up. 

Edited by HTT II

A team out of form, with a lot going against them, and they need a win. Of course, we'll gladly oblige. That would have been my view only months ago. However, under Howe, I actually think we could take advantage of the situation. Fully confident we can win this, and I don't doubt that the team feel the same way.

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I won’t be going, but I can’t wait for Sunday to come.

Oh, nor am I, just worded that really badly, sorry. :lol: Anxious for Sunday to arrive so I can sit on my arse in front of the telly, is more accurate.

8 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Oh, nor am I, just worded that really badly, sorry. :lol: Anxious for Sunday to arrive so I can sit on my arse in front of the telly, is more accurate.

Weekends are so much better when you now want to watch the team and get behind them.

It'll be a score draw imo but no result would surprise me here. They're better than us and their form isn't even that bad; they beat Watford at the King Power a couple weeks back, so hardly a guaranteed banana skin. We'll have to put a lot in to get a positive result here and once again rely on our best players to really perform. 

We deservedly stuck 4 past them and should've probably scored more against the strongest side they could put out if they had no injuries last season. Not saying we will again but there's goals in it for us, no reason at all to me why we can't go there hopeful of beating them.

2 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/127377-its-been-a-long-time-since-ice-felt-this-bad-as-a-leicester-supporter/

Them poor Leicester fans have had it rough. 

An FA Cup 7 months ago. Blimey, how do they get out of bed in the morning? Must be so difficult sitting 11th in the league.

if we start winning trophies we will get that on here

6 minutes ago, gdm said:

they had a fairly strong team out on Thursday. I expect this will get called off tomorrow 

His club can’t just call it off though, there would have to be a few more cases yet for it to be called off