Newcastle United 0 - 4 Manchester City (19/12/2021)

Yorkie

Just now, ManDoon said:

Bruce flogged Lejeune for no reason. 

Lejeune and Schar would probably be a decent CB partnership and be perfect for a Howe style, given they're both decent on the ball.

1 minute ago, McDog said:

I think that might be a fair interpretation, I only played midfield for half a season when I was 10 so I resemble your last remark.

What I mean is, The keeper isnt calling out for the ball due to Clark showing that he is going to put it out and he doesnt want to go in to a duel with Clark which makes sense. Now should he have called it? Maybe, but if he doesnt you as a defender play the ball out. But what we get here is a fucking pub league defender T-ing up to head it, then he bottles it and decides not to for some fucking reason and then Dubs has to react to his defender not doing a bog standard fucking job and there we have it, goal against.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I think with the way the team is going to be playing now the defence was always going to suffer more against the better teams especially. They have become lazy and ineffective, as they have grown used to sitting deep and having the whole team camped out in the box with them to defend against teams.

I think Howe has just about figured out the midfield now, which is going to help things a lot. Once we start facing the teams in and around mid to lower table we'll really begin to see a lot better performances and results.

Yeah, we are not great shakes by any means, but we are competing now. Two games against comfortably the best two teams in England and we haven't been overwhelmed. Some horrible defending and outrageous ref cheating has made it look worse than it could have been. 

Wilson and ASM was scoring goals when only having scraps of chances in games. They are now getting way more time on the ball in attacking positions and just seem to fuck it up and make wrong choices. Bizarre.

Just now, ManDoon said:

Aye and he was one of our better defenders and he can score. Absurd decision 

Oh he was our best actual defender by a mile, Bruce decided to play him 3 games in a week after coming back from an ACL, when that obviously went didn't go well, he decided he wasn't good enough and never player again.

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We look worse defending now than ever before, was always the risk given how bad Howes Bournemouth side defended as well.

We weren't defending before. We just sat the whole team in our box and waited to get beat. We could not under any circumstances continue with that nonsense going forward, as we weren't even grinding out results doing that.

The club has been bought, and we are trying to become a team that goes out to win games. It's clear as day that the defenders we have cannot function in such a team, and so January the backline has to be completely revamped, and we have the money to do that.

The transition has been a painful one in the short term, but it is just a necessary evil for now.

Edited by KaKa

There’s an absolute conspiracy between the league, it’s clubs and referees/VAR to fuck us over in the hope we go down. Nobody wanted this takeover to go ahead apart from us, now they think if we get relegated, they’ll amend the rules so promoted clubs will have to go through extra checks to ensure PIF won’t pass them.

We need to throw EVERYTHING at the January window or the game is up.

Guest neesy111
Just now, 54 said:

Oh he was our best actual defender by a mile, Bruce decided to play him 3 games in a week after coming back from an ACL, when that obviously went didn't go well, he decided he wasn't good enough and never player again.

This was it.  Threw him under a bus.