Realistic Transfer Targets (2024/25)

joeyt

8 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Lozano from Napoli? Contract expires next summer and I’ve read a few reports that suggest he’s unlikely to sign another.

Maybe 3-4 years ago 

Saw PSG loosely linked with João Felix today. Hadn't heard anything about him this summer, strange considering he seems nailed on to leave.

We were linked with him a bit a few months ago, huge questions over transfer fee and wages obviously but he's the kind of player I'd love us to get. A winger who has pace and can beat people but is also capable of picking a pass.

1 minute ago, BeloEmre said:

No.

? fair enough. I don’t know too much about him other than he’s 22 and Bayern were interested a year or two ago. 

edit- just seen he’s got a year left

on his contract too. 

Edited by Manxst

Too much of an unknown in terms of how badly a serious injury (and injuries overall?) have affected him and whether he will be able to fulfil the early promise. I have a similar feeling about Chiesa to be honest

20 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

Could Mikel Merino still be an option? Or does the Tonali signing signal the end of that? Could he be our 6? 

Nah I think Tonali does what Mikky does tbh

Shame Matty Longstaff wasn't able to push on whether it was mismanagement, his injury or just not quite good enough. Even if he was just excellent Championship level he'd have been ideal as the 6th midfielder in terms of filling a gap when we needed it and to fill the Academy developed quota. 

On 02/07/2023 at 20:00, Vinny Green Balls said:

Music is subjective, except in the case of highlight videos, where the music is objectively dog shit (Albert Luque video aside).

I thought that Tiote compilation with Fort Minor's "Remember the Name" was bliss. Prescient, given his tragic demise, too ?

17 hours ago, aussiemag said:

Could Mikel Merino still be an option? Or does the Tonali signing signal the end of that? Could he be our 6? 

Merino’s never leaving the basque region again. He’ll be in and around that area for the rest of his career.

17 hours ago, Mikky said:

Nah I think Tonali does what Mikky does tbh

Nah, Tonali isn’t the best technically. He’s more a grafter while Merino is sublime technically but not as much of a blood and guts midfielder like Sandro.

Either way we’re not getting Merino, unfortunately.

On 04/07/2023 at 19:41, Manxst said:

Anyone take Hudson-Odoi? Right footed and supposed to be leaving Chelsea this summer? 

He’s had a fall from grace but when he broke through he was excellent. At 22 he could be an absolute steal. 

I’d still prefer Cole Palmer from Man City. Similar age and hasn’t properly broken through yet. Whether they would let him go or he would move is a different matter, but they do tend to let some fringe/youth players move on ??‍♂️

Edited by Holmesy

2 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

Jao Felix on loan with an option to buy? I was impressed with him in a shit Chelsea side. 

His wages are far beyond what we’re currently paying. 

3 hours ago, Holmesy said:

He’s had a fall from grace but when he broke through he was excellent. At 22 he could be an absolute steal. 

I’d still prefer Cole Pearson from Man City. Similar age and hasn’t properly broken through yet. Whether they would let him go or he would move is a different matter, but they do tend to let some fringe/youth players move on ??‍♂️

Cole Palmer?

1 hour ago, aussiemag said:

Jao Felix on loan with an option to buy? I was impressed with him in a shit Chelsea side. 

Linked with PSG. Kind of signing that will do well in their farmer’s league and sprinkle stardust for the loss of Messi and possibly Mbappé.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/07/2023 at 12:14, aussiemag said:

Wages are a problem with this one like others have said. But I also think the positon he's best in doesn't really exist in how Howe sets up. Would be the Maddison problem all over again about where would be best to play him in a 433.