Realistic Transfer Targets (2024/25)

joeyt

40 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Would Cucurella be realistic if we're after a more attacking option than Targett?

Think he’s a tad too slow personally. His defensive skill set is suspect. You can get away with that if you have pace. He doesn’t. 

On 06/05/2022 at 12:01, The Prophet said:

Thoughts on Bamford if Leeds are relegated? Another one who allegedly has a release clause.

Surprised you've mentioned him after suggesting Lingard and Tarkowski wouldn't be players you'd want here. I'd want him even less than those two.

42 minutes ago, hakka said:

Surprised you've mentioned him after suggesting Lingard and Tarkowski wouldn't be players you'd want here. I'd want him even less than those two.

I wasn't necessarily advocating it. I've not watched much of him in the Premier League, I remember him being a bit pony in the Championship, but he seems to have come on a bit.

I've said before that I'm not 100% convinced we'll sign a striker to come straight in and replace Wilson (someone like Nunez or similar).

Eddie Nketiah still hasn't signed a new contract at Arsenal as far as I'm aware, we were supposedly sniffing around in January. I wonder whether we are (or will be) making some enquiries there?

7 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Would Barca let Puiq go? Assume they're still screwed financially long term and they never seem to ever give him a game. 

Only there as his dad is good mates with Laporta 

46 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Huh. Always thought he looked like a class little midfielder myself

He’s a decent player - suited to a team from 6-10 in la Liga I’d say 

5 minutes ago, STM said:

Douglas Luiz. 12 months left on his contract. Brazilian. Defensive midfielder.

He’s not a defensive midfielder if you ask most villa fans, they all say he can’t play that role.

4 minutes ago, STM said:

Douglas Luiz. 12 months left on his contract. Brazilian. Defensive midfielder.

Arsenal and Roma both very keen and have been for a while. Don’t think he’s been great this season (but could be wrong), and Gerrard wants to replace him with Sangare, Kamara or Bissouma apparently. I’d prefer one of those names too.

Be a bit disappointed if Hickey goes to Arsenal for 17 million. Can play full back either side and looks to have big future. Personally would have gambled on him at that price, think he’ll have a higher ceiling than Targett moving forward. Scotland seem to be churning out some decent young full backs at the minute.

Edited by Whitley mag

32 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He’s not a defensive midfielder if you ask most villa fans, they all say he can’t play that role.

He absolutely can not.

I am totally underwhelmed by Luiz.