Realistic Transfer Targets (2024/25)

joeyt

Of the players recently linked and considering positions we need filled this would be my 6 purple targets for the summer with CL football.

CB Tobido/Lacroix

DM Thuram/Ugarte

LB Augusto

AM Szoboslai/Wirtz

F Roque

WF Diaby/Lee Kang-in

Edited by Whitley mag

6 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Of the players recently linked and considering positions we need filled this would be my 6 purple targets for the summer with CL football.

CB Tobido/Lacroix

DM Thuram/Ugarte

LB Augusto

AM Szoboslai/Wirtz

F Roque

WF Diaby/Lee Kang-in

Not brexity enough. 

5 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I’m still upset that we never held onto to him

Clearly an excellent player, even then. Unfortunately, he played in that 17-19 era that just totally passed me by, I had completely stopped giving a fuck and that whole period from about 2014ish to 2021, I barely recall any of it, except the Rafa period and promotion. I see highlights from that era now and it's like seeing it for the first time.

Just catching up on goals... Eze looks fucking class. Would love for him to be a target were we to get Champions League. That second goal against Bournemouth was superb. 

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Just catching up on goals... Eze looks fucking class. Would love for him to be a target were we to get Champions League. That second goal against Bournemouth was superb. 

Same agents as Trippier, Wood, Maddison, etc. and contract up in a couple of years.

Quotes from a few years back:

"I don't really have a plan," he said. "I have goals and targets that I want to hit.

"I think It's more about me applying myself every day and the belief I have in myself, the backing I have in myself I believe that I can reach the heights of football.

"I want to get to the Champions League, World Cup, I want to be playing all of this. Not just competing, but really winning the Champions League as that's my aim.

"I would say I'm an attacking midfielder. Anywhere across that front four I enjoy playing," revealed the ex-Wycombe Wanderers loanee.

"I see myself as an entertainer, so someone you could look at and you enjoy the way he controls the ball, the way he touches the ball. That's what I pride myself on.

"I'll say as a No.10 directly behind the striker is where I feel most comfortable and free.

"I've had good games playing in all of those positions. I'm still easy playing in any of those."

Could easily see us being interested.

On 13/05/2023 at 18:22, Sempiternal said:

Merino is brilliant like, was a huge fan of him 

Same, and was painfully obvious he was the better player out of him, Shelvey and Diame. Should have been given more playing time to get back in shape after his injury despite the form the other two were in. Will never agree with the people saying he was weak for moving to get more playing time instead of fighting for his spot. 

On an unrelated note, why do all of our recent-ish class managers do some weird stuff that is just infuriatingly annoying? :lol: SBR playing Viana wide left instead of phasing out Speed, Benitez not playing Merino, Howe persisting with Burn (let's hope we don't see Isak starting wide left regularly too to now to accommodate both him and Wilson). 

Before the Arsenal game it seemed everyone wanted to see Isak & Wilson starting, now that it's not gone amazingly well for 2 games it seems like it's the worst thing. Wilson coming off the bench and scoring as he has been doing is probably totally unsustainable. I can't think of any other forward in recent years who has had the recent record that he has when coming off the bench & nobody wants to see Isak benched.

14 minutes ago, KDT said:

Before the Arsenal game it seemed everyone wanted to see Isak & Wilson starting, now that it's not gone amazingly well for 2 games it seems like it's the worst thing. Wilson coming off the bench and scoring as he has been doing is probably totally unsustainable. I can't think of any other forward in recent years who has had the recent record that he has when coming off the bench & nobody wants to see Isak benched.

Isak did win the pen and don't think when playing together would made any difference to the goals against.

https://theathletic.com/4512981/2023/05/15/leif-davis-assists-ipswich-bielsa-mckenna/

Bring him home?

He will almost certainly hear more of the same if he gets the chance, as planned, to head back to Newcastle before the end of the Premier League season and take in a match at the stadium where, as a boy, he has fond memories of watching Alan Pardew’s team in the Europa League.

Davis was brought up in Whitley Bay, a hotbed of Newcastle support, and counted Demba Ba, Papiss Cisse and Yohan Cabaye among his first football heroes. His season ticket was on Level 7 of the Leazes Stand, next to the away fans, and if you know St James’ Park it is tempting to think this is where he built up his stamina reserves (“My God, so many flights of stairs …”)

6 hours ago, Slim said:

Isak did win the pen and don't think when playing together would made any difference to the goals against.

He switched off tracking Ayling after he got to the edge of the box, but Maxi would have been nowhere near and I'm not sure Willock would have been either. It was a good run by Ayling.

Guest dazzanufc1892

Seeing that Mane is now leaving Bayern this summer, we should be doing our best to bring him in if we finish top 4

8 minutes ago, dazzanufc1892 said:

Seeing that Mane is now leaving Bayern this summer, we should be doing our best to bring him in if we finish top 4

He gets paid £350kpw man- there’s zero chance.

8 minutes ago, madras said:

He's unlikely to get that elsewhere unless he goes to the middle east.

He’ll get more elsewhere than with us though, and without dropping so much. 

edit- plus why wouldn’t he get that elsewhere? The likes of Chelsea would match that, I’d have thought. 

Edited by Manxst