Realistic Transfer Targets (2024/25)

joeyt

27 minutes ago, SteV said:

It’s calculated over the last 5 years worth of European results. Ourselves and Italy have a fairly healthy lead over Spain and Germany, so for that to change there’s going to have to be a pretty ropey European season had by the majority of English teams next season, coupled with a very good one for Spanish or German teams.

I’m sure it says it goes on the previous years results.

2 hours ago, SteV said:

Not sure we’d buy someone for the sake of three friendly matches…

Although I do agree his attributes would certainly suit our style of play.

I don't think we'd sign him purely for the tour, but the benefits of having him for the tour would be an added bonus. 

Marketing baby. 

33 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I’ll take one Gnoto and one Maddison please. 

Gnoto would tick a lot of boxes - age, positional flexibility, PL experience, should be happy playing a squad role for a season 

Edited by Keegans Export

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I know people don’t agree, but every time I watch Leeds, Harrison looks like their best player. 

We pursued him a fair bit last season, and now Leeds have been relegated.

Maybe his name pops back up again.

Definitely a ton of talent in those relegated teams this time around:

Gnoto 

Rodrigo

Sinisterra

Harrison

Lavia

Maitland-Niles

Salisu 

Livramento

Maddison 

Barnes

All either have potential, quality, or could do a back up job.

18 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

13 in fact, one less than Saka. 

Barnes has talent but he tends to be a heads down type that misses a lot of opportunities to set others up.

Think he's ended the season with just one assist, which is somewhat criminal when you consider the attacking players on that Leicester team.

I wouldn't complain if we did sign him though. He's still a threat. I would like someone a bit classier and well rounded though.

4 minutes ago, BeloEmre said:

Almiron has 11. Would you like him to be in our starting 11 next season?

You realise we need a squad right? Also Almiron is playing in a team that finished 4th, Barnes is playing in one that went down. Eze  has 10 and have him in our team a million percent 

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Barnes has talent but he tends to be a heads down type that misses a lot of opportunities to set others up.

Think he's ended the season with just one assist, which is somewhat criminal when you consider the attacking players on that Leicester team.

I wouldn't complain if we did sign him though. He's still a threat. I would like someone a bit classier and well rounded though.

He could get more assists but I mean who are their strikers? The ghost of Jamie Vardy, Ihenacho, Daka. Hardly a stellar set of options.

He got 10/6 goals assists in the 21 season. 

Edited by Sempiternal

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Never understood the Salisu stuff. He's never looked that good to me and barely played this season

Think we're fine for left footed centre backs

He was excellent last season imo. I noticed how good he was throughout the season. No idea whether it's been injuries or whatever this season, but the talent is there.