Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

If we're willing to send him out on loan, then we can safely say its for his benefit and his alone, and its most likely at the demands of his wife.

To think he's fucked this up so badly.

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

If we're willing to send him out on loan, then we can safely say its for his benefit and his alone, and its most likely at the demands of his wife.

Are we taking the Sunderland fan rumors as gospel, thought that was bullshit.

Doesn’t feel like a coincidence that his form went from unplayable to very poor at best all of a sudden. He was that good before. Whatever is behind it is anyone’s guess. 

Edited by Ikon

I worry about our creativity should he leave. We’ll have eff all down the right. I like Livramento but he’s not at the stage yet where he can be expected to compensate for Almiron’s brainlessness and poor execution.

I wouldn’t be remotely surprised if he left and I can’t really articulate why even though in theory it’s come way out of left field.

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

This is where I'd be at with it, I don't see how it makes sense for football or financial reasons. Definitely think there's more to it. Would be gutted if he leaves like, we'd really miss him. 

We're never allowed to just have nice things :lol:

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Doesn’t feel like a coincidence that his form went from unplayable to very poor at best all of a sudden. He was that good before. Whatever is behind it is anyone’s guess. 

A lass from Ryton apparently. 

Edited by Miggys First Goal

Just now, Ronaldo said:

I worry about our creativity should he leave. We’ll have eff all down the right. I like Livramento but he’s not at the stage yet where he can be expected to compensate for Almiron’s brainlessness and poor execution.

I wouldn’t be remotely surprised if he left and I can’t really articulate why even though in theory it’s come way out of left field.

Yeah the lack of creativity overall  even with him here isn’t good, never mind if he leaves. 

Just now, Ronaldo said:

Going from the goal at Man U, he seems more a Domi type (bombing on and sliding a pass in rather than whipping a cross in). 

5 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Form went to shit, pulled out the England squad for personal reasons, now this. Something afoot.

4 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

A lass from Ryton apparently. 

Where did you hear that?

Him leaving on loan would be a mad move really. Unless we were getting a hefty fee or a big obligation, although even then it just seems like a really odd thing for us to authorise.

Just now, Keegans Export said:

Where did you hear that?

Him leaving on loan would be a mad move really. Unless we were getting a hefty fee or a big obligation, although even then it just seems like a really odd thing for us to authorise.

3.5m off the wage bill frees capacity for Phillips for half a season.

7 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Not quite.  The length of Trippier’s new contract doesn’t come into it.  And he’s only been here two years - his previous fee is still being amortised.  Also, the ‘head room’ as Eales called it doesn’t create anything like £240m worth of transfer availability.

If we allow for Trippier going for £15m, that would mean £15m - c.£5m (outstanding amortisation).  So that would be £10m.  We then knock £100k off the wage bill.

Any new players coming in would likely have wages of a similar level - let’s say you want to bring two in.  So that’s £200k p/w plus signing on fees.  That would be at least an extra £2m in the current FY (season). You’re down to £8m, comfortably.

Allowing for amortisation over two five year contracts, that would mean you might be able to buy two £15-20m players off the back of the deal - at a push.

£120.000 per week, not £100.000. By the way, my understanding was that you don't have to pay the remaining amortisation if the player is sold? Maybe I'm wrong.

Edited by Erikse

30 minutes ago, Nine said:

Really, really can’t see how he leaves this season BUT if there is weight to those rumours that could be a game changer.

Can’t help wondering if the real impetus to leaving, assuming there is some truth in this, is whatever has been going on in his personal life? 

15 minutes ago, Menace said:

A loan benefits us how? I'm confused by this

Defers revenue to next year maybe? If we're not buying anyone and have nailed FFP for the last 3 years, then there is no benefit to additional revenue in this period. 

1 minute ago, Hhtoon said:

Defers revenue to next year maybe? If we're not buying anyone and have nailed FFP for the last 3 years, then there is no benefit to additional revenue in this period. 

Isn’t it done on a rolling 3 year basis, year by year? 

In which case revenue is revenue and would benefit a three year period regardless. 

Just now, Keegans Export said:

I like Phillips but swapping Trippier for him (essentially what that would be) is an awful deal imo

Agree but there’s something going on here, no strong denials coming out of journo world at the moment.

It’s very easy for Edwards, Dope, etc to run these negative stories during the winter break when Eddie doesn’t have a chance to address them in a press conference. All I care about re this club is what comes out of his, the players and the owners mouths. 

16 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I like Phillips but swapping Trippier for him (essentially what that would be) is an awful deal imo

We have a crisis in midfield right now. I hope we don't rush Willock back, and Anderson, Joelinton and Tonali is out for a long time. If we get another injury in the midfield it would be a full blown disaster, and fatigue is already bound to happen (all 3 midfielders playing 90 min per game). At right back atleast we have Livra, Krafth and even Jacob Murphy who can do a job there in the case of an emergency. Not ideal, but also not a disaster like in the midfield.

That being said, shipping Trippier off to another club might not change anything at all in terms of whether we can loan Phillips or not. We might not even be interested in him, who knows.

Edited by Erikse

3 minutes ago, Erikse said:

We have a crisis in midfield right now. I hope we don't rush Willock back, and Anderson, Joelinton and Tonali is out for a long time. If we get another injury in the midfield it would be a full blown disaster. At right back atleast we have Livra, Krafth and even Jacob Murphy who can do a job there in the case of an emergency. Not ideal, but also not a disaster like in the midfield.

Given trippier is pretty much our most creative player I would say it’s a disaster. Can’t be losing our best players at a time when we barely have a squad.