Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

My son got him on his shirt for Christmas ffs. Know it’s part and parcel of football but that’s rough for an 8 year old to take :lol: 

If we got a fee of £15m-£25m I could see the logic given his age, but if its a loan it doesn't benefit us at all. Unless he wants out of course. Harry Kane and Eric Dier's families being over there eliminate any homesick feelings for his missus.

He was always a player for transition, we have his replacement already in the club, he's 33.  Hard to argue with selling I'm of we can get a decent fee.  Not sure who will be on fire kicks until Tonalj is back though

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, NSG said:

My son got him on his shirt for Christmas ffs. Know it’s part and parcel of football but that’s rough for an 8 year old to take :lol: 

That’s the joys of FFP isn’t it. You just can’t get attached to a player as they won’t seem to be around for 5 minutes. Infuriating.

2 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Don’t worry. It’s nonsense (at least in January).

And those rumours were bullshit as well, by the way. (It shouldn’t really have needed saying)

Think you've been mugged off fella 

Just now, simonsays said:

He was always a player for transition, we have his replacement already in the club, he's 33.  Hard to argue with selling I'm of we can get a decent fee.  Not sure who will be on fire kicks until Tonalj is back though

Schar or Bruno. Longstaff or Gordon on corners

Just now, reefatoon said:

That’s the joys of FFP isn’t it. You just can’t get attached to a player as they won’t seem to be around for 5 minutes. Infuriating.

If it is a loan deal, got to imagine it’s for something more than FFP purposes.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

If it is a loan deal, got to imagine it’s for something more than FFP purposes.

a loan deal makes no sense to anyone, it’s so strange.

If we are believing the reports then it seems clear he is wanting the move as opposed to us looking to offload him. 

Has to be a sale though, no loan.

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Doesn't make sense. At all.

if there is any pull at all for him wanting/needing to be away then there is sense to get a few quid in for him seeing as we have his replacement here with probably the least pressurised half a season we’re going to have for a while and krafth as an able deputy. Hasn’t Ashby returned as well from Swansea?.

it might not be mega bucks but it may also give us enough to bring in a midfielder on loan to fill a real gap.

its nowhere near ideal, but it could give some benefit.

bigger question for me is who become a captain? Assume it will be Burn but I’d love to see El Capitan Bruno

Just now, Colos Short and Curlies said:

if there is any pull at all for him wanting/needing to be away then there is sense to get a few quid in for him seeing as we have his replacement here with probably the least pressurised half a season we’re going to have for a while and krafth as an able deputy. Hasn’t Ashby returned as well from Swansea?.

it might not be mega bucks but it may also give us enough to bring in a midfielder on loan to fill a real gap.

its nowhere near ideal, but it could give some benefit.

bigger question for me is who become a captain? Assume it will be Burn but I’d love to see El Capitan Bruno

I agree and see that side of it but that's only if it's a sale. Ashby hasn't returned from Swansea btw.

If Trippier does leave however that means we have zero creativity from the right hand side.

Doesn't make any sense to me this, unless Trippier wants away, which I would also doubt.

A loan or fee isn't going to be sufficient enough to help out FFP efforts, and we'll be weaker for it.

If Bayern were stupidly bidding over £30m I'd see why, but of course they aren't.