Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Not your best players. I don't see what benefit that does. Someone with the experience of Trippier you let play their way back into form.

The answer is not to drop him for Paul fucking Dummett. 

But he's absolutely knackered?

Playing him every minute isn't going to help.

edit: On the brightside, Botman was a planned sub so can be Burn instead of Dummett !

Edited by Aiston

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Blokes been transformative for the club, my money would be on combination of fatigue and personal issues at the minute.

This is where supporters need to stand up and back the bloke 100%.

I hope you are right on the money and he has my support with the hope this is the biggest and last bad blip in his form here because if there is anyone who deserves the best with this club, it is most definitely him. Regardless of my concerned comment about his age or him needing more competition rather than a guaranteed start until his very last day here.

Just now, KaKa said:

Ever since that incident with the fans at the Bournemouth game was it? This guy's form has tanked.

So well done to whoever that was that couldn't manage their behaviour after that game. Has worked out so well for us, having a go, and then posting it all over social media.

Just brilliant.

An argument with a fan is not the reason he’s making individual errors man [emoji38] I doubt he’s thinking about that fan when he’s giving the ball away twice and keeping player onside against Everton, being skinned by Son against Spurs or heading ball into ground under absolutely no pressure tonight. 

He’s in our top 3 best players but it wouldn’t hurt to start giving him the Wilson treatment (less training & more rotation). Just so we can squeeze every last drop of talent out of him before he retires in a few seasons. 

This should be standard for any of our purples who start hitting mid 30s btw.

Eddie would have to chill on the zero rotation in defence philosophy though.

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Ever since that incident with the fans at the Bournemouth game was it? This guy's form has tanked.

So well done to whoever that was that couldn't manage their behaviour after that game. Has worked out so well for us, having a go, and then posting it all over social media.

Just brilliant.

I think Trippier’s a lot mentally stronger than to let one of our pissed up  daft words away at Bournemouth effect him 6 weeks later. :lol:

1 minute ago, Aiston said:

But he's absolutely knackered?

Playing him every minute isn't going to help.

edit: On the brightside, Botman was a planned sub so can be Burn instead of Dummett !

He didn't look knackered today? It was a mistake that could have happened first game or 50th game of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Jordan said:

An argument with a fan is not the reason he’s making individual errors man [emoji38] I doubt he’s thinking about that fan when he’s giving the ball away twice and keeping player onside against Everton, being skinned by Son against Spurs or heading ball into ground under absolutely no pressure tonight. 

You've got it.  

6 minutes ago, Jordan said:

More likely that the exchange with the fan was an early sign that something else isn't quite right with him tbh. Was out of character for him to bite back like that. 

Fuck me, a month ago he was the highest rated RB in Europe according to Sofa Score. Now some seem to want to send him off to the knackers to turn him into glue. Surely we should at least keep him for stud.

He's had a few bad games and made a few errors. It's very annoying but happens to all players & his have also all been punished recently.

He hasn't gone from world class to shit overnight. He'll be fine.

Edited by Checko

5 minutes ago, Jordan said:

4 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I think Trippier’s a lot mentally stronger than to let one of our pissed up mong’s daft words away at Bournemouth effect him 6 weeks later. :lol:

I'm sure it hasn't helped at all, and has definitely added to the pressure, after perhaps the first error he made.

He's definitely in his head right now, and is all over the place mentally.

1 minute ago, Andy said:

More likely that the exchange with the fan was an early sign that something else isn't quite right with him tbh. Was out of character for him to bite back like that. 

The whole thing was weird from him, and that interaction definitely wasn't helpful.

Wish fans would practice more self control in situations like that.

Just so unnecessary. 

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Not your best players. I don't see what benefit that does. Someone with the experience of Trippier you let play their way back into form.

The answer is not to drop him for Paul fucking Dummett. 

Sure if you think that keep playing him is the best way to get him back in form i get your perspective, for me i think giving him some rest is a better way to get there. 

Then we also get the benefit of not letting in goals out of nowhere in the meantime.

Dummett has played nearly 200 games for us, he is not fucking useless.

Tonight is largely on him. Not just for the error, but he should have been sensible enough to not take the penalty. It was clear as day that his head was gone as he stepped up to take it. I love the lad but I’m seriously pissed off with him tonight. He needs a long break, for his own good.

I don't think the answer would be to ostracise him, and I'd say that even if he wasn't one of our best and most important players. If his confidence wasn't incredibly fragile before then it certainly will be now but the only way to rebuild it will be to put faith in him. If it's absolutely clear that he isn't in the right place mentally to start Premier League games (something only he and Howe will know), then fine. But if it's just football: fuck it, even the best players go through ropey spells - they don't recover by being on the bench. 

The mistake tonight was staggering but on his day he's arguably the best in the league. It was only a fortnight or so ago that he was on his day.

17 minutes ago, Rod said:

Look, let's not get too emotional here (says he with steam coming out of his ears).  I'm honestly talking about tonights performance by Trippier which was shocking.  I think his appointment has been immense to the progress of the team.  Tonight he was shite!  His last three or four appearances haven’t been good either.  Do we all understand each other now?

Fuck off man!

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

I don't think the answer would be to ostracise him, and I'd say that even if he wasn't one of our best and most important players. If his confidence wasn't incredibly fragile before then it certainly will be now but the only way to rebuild it will be to put faith in him. If it's absolutely clear that he isn't in the right place mentally to start Premier League games (something only he and Howe will know), then fine. But if it's just football: fuck it, even the best players go through ropey spells - they don't recover by being on the bench. 

The mistake tonight was staggering but on his day he's arguably the best in the league. It was only a fortnight or so ago that he was on his day.

He does actually talk in one of his interviews how he was going through a bad spell at Spurs at Pochettino kept picking him, and he actually wished he was dropped and taken out of the firing line and given some time to sort himself out. If I'm remembering right.

Just now, Superior Acuña said:

He does actually talk in one of his interviews how he was going through a bad spell at Spurs at Pochettino kept picking him, and he actually wished he was dropped and taken out of the firing line and given some time to sort himself out. If I'm remembering right.

Vaguely recall that, aye. Obviously if that's what's best for him then that's how it should be. 

One of those where I've just got total faith in the individuals to play it right. They're a dream team, him and Howe. 

He’s going through a rough spell and is costing us games. I really hope it’s just form and not the start of a permanent decline. The errors are so silly that I’m inclined to say it’s all mental (and mental fatigue). I’m sure Howe does his best to correct it. 

Anyone saying people have short memories when criticising him, you don’t get to make mistakes like these and expect no one to say anything. He’s been a legit liability for few games now.

Edited by Pata

Think Howe should've protected him tonight and insisted he didn't take a pen. 

He's having a bad period after being amazing for two years, everyone has a right to be pissed off, this one hurts me the most of all our results this season, but ffs given him your support.