Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

Be madness to sell a seasoned professional like Trippier. 

Lascelles & Ritchie to gee up the lads on match days?

He’s had a wobble but so does every player in their career. 

Something off if he goes 

7 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

If ever there was an example of a tweet written solely for the purpose of generating clicks, this is it. Implying Munich could be coming for Howe is shameful. 

Man is an absolute wank.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Hard to say if it’s a good idea or not. No ides how long Tripps can play at the top level.  Not clear in what it allows us transfer or PSR wise. 

Certainly think he could do another season as the main RB, but with Tino covering more games. Could even do a season after that, but with the idea that by that point he would be cover/rest for Tino rather than the other way round. 

2 hours ago, Toonjam88 said:

All I can say is that I know someone who is high up at another sporting team in the north east (not football) who knows the owner of the Vermont and he is adamant it’s true as the owner told him. Says they used to be in there all the time. 

If he knows that is going on in his establishment and doesn’t do anything about it, he could be prosecuted. 

Section 175 of the Licensing Act 1964 states that it is an offence for the holder of a Justices Licence knowingly to allow the licensed premises to be the habitual resort or place of meeting of reputed prostitutes, whether the object of their so resorting or meeting is or is not prostitution. 

Section 35 of the Town Police Clauses Act 1847, which applies to licensed premises, also imposes a penalty for allowing prostitutes or thieves to assemble. 

It is an offence under section 36 of the Sexual Offences Act 1956 (SOA) for the tenant or occupier knowingly to permit the whole or part of the premises to be used for the purposes of habitual prostitution. 

The SOA also makes it an offence for anyone knowingly to live wholly or in part on the earnings of prostitution.

Basically either that person is full of shit, or likely to get a knock on their door sharpish.

2 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

If he knows that is going on in his establishment and doesn’t do anything about it, he could be prosecuted. 

Section 175 of the Licensing Act 1964 states that it is an offence for the holder of a Justices Licence knowingly to allow the licensed premises to be the habitual resort or place of meeting of reputed prostitutes, whether the object of their so resorting or meeting is or is not prostitution. 

Section 35 of the Town Police Clauses Act 1847, which applies to licensed premises, also imposes a penalty for allowing prostitutes or thieves to assemble. 

It is an offence under section 36 of the Sexual Offences Act 1956 (SOA) for the tenant or occupier knowingly to permit the whole or part of the premises to be used for the purposes of habitual prostitution. 

The SOA also makes it an offence for anyone knowingly to live wholly or in part on the earnings of prostitution.

Basically either that person is full of shit, or likely to get a knock on their door sharpish.

Nar course there’s never prostitutes in hotels ever …

11 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Hard to say if it’s a good idea or not. No ides how long Tripps can play at the top level.  Not clear in what it allows us transfer or PSR wise. 

I agree with this, signs over the last couple months show he is already on the decline defensively, fair enough he has got 7 assists this season but 3 of them came in that game against Sheff United.  Its his leadership skills we would miss more than anything else, happy he is staying but also think 15 million would have been a good price with the FFP leverage it would have given us.

2 minutes ago, tgarve said:

Nar course there’s never prostitutes in hotels ever …

I’ve no doubt it goes on all the time, however that’s different from an owner apparently having knowledge of it going on all the time from a legal perspective.

2 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

I’ve no doubt it goes on all the time, however that’s different from an owner apparently having knowledge of it going on all the time from a legal perspective.

And how would you prove it?

1 minute ago, Menace said:

And how would you prove it?

Erm the fact he's seemingly telling every man and his dog about it! If it were my business I’d be discrete as hell about of any of this stuff and denying all knowledge were anything to leak. Then I actually have plausible deniability. Just my two pennies worth though 

53 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

If ever there was an example of a tweet written solely for the purpose of generating clicks, this is it. Implying Munich could be coming for Howe is shameful. 

In all fairness to him, that reads to me as a clear joke.

32 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Certainly think he could do another season as the main RB, but with Tino covering more games. Could even do a season after that, but with the idea that by that point he would be cover/rest for Tino rather than the other way round. 

21 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

I agree with this, signs over the last couple months show he is already on the decline defensively, fair enough he has got 7 assists this season but 3 of them came in that game against Sheff United.  Its his leadership skills we would miss more than anything else, happy he is staying but also think 15 million would have been a good price with the FFP leverage it would have given us.

Exactly. 

13 hours ago, toon25 said:

Still think selling him is akin to robbing Peter to pay Paul 

Well maybe we owe Paul money and Peter’s a dickhead anyway.

Edited by Deuce

Think its silly to haggle over a few million pound, especially if Tripps has made clear he wants the move. Tino more than capable of taking the reins, and no better season than this one where stakes are lower

Just now, Upthemags said:

Think its silly to haggle over a few million pound, especially if Tripps has made clear he wants the move. Tino more than capable of taking the reins, and no better season than this one where stakes are lower

Id argue a place in Europe and potentially £15m in place money at stake is pretty important. Utterly mental some fans writing off the next 17 games(plus the FA Cup) when we are 6 points off 6th and lots of players due back soonish

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

Id argue a place in Europe and potentially £15m in place money at stake is pretty important. Utterly mental some fans writing off the next 17 games(plus the FA Cup) when we are 6 points off 6th and lots of players due back soonish

Not a write off, it's letting our RB for the next decade start to get his footing. As tough a pill as it is to swallow, Tino, in his current form, is actually the superior option to Trippier (in his current form). Let's be reasonable