Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

9 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Think it’s silly to haggle over a few million pound, especially if Tripps has made clear he wants the move. Tino more than capable of taking the reins, and no better season than this one where stakes are lower

He doesn’t want to leave, though. Don’t know how many times I need to say it 😁

2 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

He doesn’t want to leave, though. Don’t know how many times I need to say it 😁

Wouldn’t be difficult for his agent to let Bayern know this I would think.  They would stop bidding then.  Remiss of Trippier and his agent not to do so. 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

5 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Not a write off, it's letting our RB for the next decade start to get his footing. As tough a pill as it is to swallow, Tino, in his current form, is actually the superior option to Trippier (in his current form). Let's be reasonable

Saying the stakes are lower is writing it off however you want to backpedal

Also what on earth do you mean Tino is superior on current form? Last evidence we had is two very good performances by Trippier the last two games while Tino was rubbish in his last game at RB. How is that for reasonable?

12 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Think its silly to haggle over a few million pound, especially if Tripps has made clear he wants the move. Tino more than capable of taking the reins, and no better season than this one where stakes are lower

Well, if you're selling a key player for FFP reasons, surely you need to maximise the financial impact you can get. 

2 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

So Bayern just kept bidding blindly?

Theres a world where ideally wanting to stay and accepting a move to a giant club if it happens are possible you know

2 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

So Bayern just kept bidding blindly?

“He doesn’t want to leave” doesn’t mean that he wouldn’t if an offer was accepted. But he absolutely IS happy at NUFC and is happy to stay.

At no point has he asked NUFC to let him leave, or offered encouragement to Bayern. The club may have offered encouragement… his agent perhaps, I dunno… but he himself absolutely hasn’t.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m quite comfortable with either outcome of this tbh.

Comfortable with the sale in terms that FFP deems it necessary, but uncomfortable with the fact that FFP deems it necessary to sell your best players. 

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Wouldn’t be difficult for his agent to let Bayern know this I would think.  They would stop bidding then.  Remiss of Trippier and his agent not to do so. 

See my post above. He hasn’t pushed for any more. That of course doesn’t mean he wouldn’t move if an offer was accepted, but he is in no way driving this.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m quite comfortable with either outcome of this tbh.

We’re at the point now we’ll make an actual profit despite 2 more years of wear and tear on a player the wrong side of 30, or keep a major player. Win-win.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Comfortable with the sale in terms that FFP deems it necessary, but uncomfortable with the fact that FFP deems it necessary to sell your best players. 

I don’t think it’s FFP driving this at all.  A few million in FFP ‘profit’ isn’t likely needed. 

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

See my post above. He hasn’t pushed for any more. That of course doesn’t mean he wouldn’t move if an offer was accepted, but he is in no way driving this.

Trippier and his agent may have a very different opinion from what they appear to be telling all and sundry.  I doubt Bayern would be bidding for a disinterested player.  

11 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Trippier and his agent may have a very different opinion from what they appear to be telling all and sundry.  I doubt Bayern would be bidding for a disinterested player.  

We had a good old go at completely disinterested Ekitike.

2 hours ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

If he knows that is going on in his establishment and doesn’t do anything about it, he could be prosecuted. 

Section 175 of the Licensing Act 1964 states that it is an offence for the holder of a Justices Licence knowingly to allow the licensed premises to be the habitual resort or place of meeting of reputed prostitutes, whether the object of their so resorting or meeting is or is not prostitution. 

Section 35 of the Town Police Clauses Act 1847, which applies to licensed premises, also imposes a penalty for allowing prostitutes or thieves to assemble. 

It is an offence under section 36 of the Sexual Offences Act 1956 (SOA) for the tenant or occupier knowingly to permit the whole or part of the premises to be used for the purposes of habitual prostitution. 

The SOA also makes it an offence for anyone knowingly to live wholly or in part on the earnings of prostitution.

Basically either that person is full of shit, or likely to get a knock on their door sharpish.

Snitches get stitches.

Of course Trippier and his agent aren't outright saying no to Bayern. They don't know if they'll be the only option in the future if the club tells Trippier he is no longer required etc.