Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

Pretty decent last night and got the job done defensively

Strange how subdued he was offensively until late in the game when I guess it got stretched.

Not sure if that was just down to our overall approach to the game or whether he is still feeling his way back after some high profile lapses and would rather focus on doing his main job first.

Need him on top of his game at both ends of the pitch

24 minutes ago, MagSA said:

Pretty decent last night and got the job done defensively

Strange how subdued he was offensively until late in the game when I guess it got stretched.

Not sure if that was just down to our overall approach to the game or whether he is still feeling his way back after some high profile lapses and would rather focus on doing his main job first.

Need him on top of his game at both ends of the pitch

potentially related to his Groin issue, didnt feel comfortable sprinting down the weings and having to track back etc? Not sure really, I know what you mean tho he wasn't his normal self, but then is that also in part related to Miggy not being there, and Murphy playing that position differently perhaps?

5 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

image.thumb.jpeg.a268274789aaefab81db4432e0c8d4bc.jpeg

In case you missed it :indi:

Now I have that song by Clean Bandit stuck in head ;D

"If you gave me a chance I would take it
It's a shot in the dark but I'll make it
Know with all of your heart, you can't shame me
When I am with you, there's no place I'd rather be
No, no, no, no, no, no place I'd rather be
No, no, no, no, no, no place I'd rather be
No, no, no, no, no, no place I'd rather be"

Not even going to attempt a link with my skills

11 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Great going forward but, my god he left some gaps in behind him. 

Agreed. I thought he played a big part in us conceding the 4th by sprinting up into midfield looking for an intercept that was never on the cards instead of holding position buying the others time to get back.

Made up for it a few mins later though but that was just lazy defending.

Funny the commentators on our feed mentioned same.

Edited by MagSA

15 hours ago, MagSA said:

Agreed. I thought he played a big part in us conceding the 4th by sprinting up into midfield looking for an intercept that was never on the cards instead of holding position buying the others time to get back.

Made up for it a few mins later though but that was just lazy defending.

Funny the commentators on our feed mentioned same.

We seem to really have a rush of blood at home in tight games and try to force the issue when there is plenty of time remaining to build something. Liverpool late on, Milan, Forest to a lesser degree, yesterday. 

Almost feels like we become a bit ill disciplined and everyone over commits going forward. 

We went mental for a 5-10 minute spell yesterday. Got back in it and then the game was a non-event for the last 15 plus stoppage. Maybe both teams had settled down for a draw or ran out of gas after such a frenetic game. 

yeah. it was just frustrating and out of character for more experienced guys in the team.

Burn went rampaging up field and we lost the ball with him out of position, Tripps ill timed rush into midfield to stop the move and then Botman ignoring a clear instruction to shift left and cover their striker and ultimately arriving too late

Lots of senior players lost their heads for the 4th

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C29kt26tR3N/?igsh=MTY2NjUzN2NvanJ1bg==

I'm not one to beat my chest over England but I'll be proud as fuck seeing him representing both the national team and Newcastle at SJP. 

Back to the weekend; I'd been thinking for a while that he was seriously overdue a goal from open play. When you consider how much time he spends in the final third, it's a bit mad he's not got on the end of a cross like that before. I can barely even recall a shot on target from him, FKs aside obviously. Was a tidy finish on his swinger.

Hopefully more to come cos bloody hell I love a goal from Kieran Trippier. :lol:

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C29kt26tR3N/?igsh=MTY2NjUzN2NvanJ1bg==

I'm not one to beat my chest over England but I'll be proud as fuck seeing him representing both the national team and Newcastle at SJP. 

Back to the weekend; I'd been thinking for a while that he was seriously overdue a goal from open play. When you consider how much time he spends in the final third, it's a bit mad he's not got on the end of a cross like that before. I can barely even recall a shot on target from him, FKs aside obviously. Was a tidy finish on his swinger.

Hopefully more to come cos bloody hell I love a goal from Kieran Trippier. :lol:

want to see him just smack a shot at goal and force the keep to make a save or at best push it out for someone else to pounce in. 

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

"We'd like to take Trippier on loan please". Aye, i'm sure you would you daft cunts :lol:

Honestly, what were they thinking? If I were Trippier I'd have been unimpressed with them.