Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

7 minutes ago, 54 said:

My fucking captain...

We're all going to be in tears when he's handed a trophy to lift above his head for us. The best money we've spent on transfer for player value in my time following the club. 

1 hour ago, STM said:

Just a different club isn't it.

Also.... erm..... where the fuck is Jamal Lascelles.

Did wonder that, like. Trippier being there wasn't very "I'm just the captain in the pitch." 

It’s becoming a bit of a strange situation where new elite players are joining the club, they meet Trippier who is captain but not captain, and then there is this guy at training who never plays who is the real captain.

to be honest I will have lost a lot of respect for Lascelles if he is still here in September and hasn’t resigned the club captaincy.

10 minutes ago, christ said:

Lads, it’s a video clip. Let’s not read too much into it.

Don't think I am. :dontknow: It's notable that Trippier is acting as club captain. 

As a player who's settled overseas himself, and is our most senior player, he was probably asked to be there.

We just can't get our head around just how professional we're now run, added to the way Eddie has the squad looking after and out for each other.

It's amazing how far we've come in such a short space of time. This is our club now :love:

Edited by Bimpy474

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Don't think I am. :dontknow: It's notable that Trippier is acting as club captain. 

He’s a senior pro at the club doing senior pro stuff. I don’t think the captain has to have a monopoly on offering to help new signings.

1 hour ago, James said:

It’s becoming a bit of a strange situation where new elite players are joining the club, they meet Trippier who is captain but not captain, and then there is this guy at training who never plays who is the real captain.

to be honest I will have lost a lot of respect for Lascelles if he is still here in September and hasn’t resigned the club captaincy.

Yeah, at this stage its very weird. Just make Tripper the captain! We´re literally trying to sell Lascelles anyway :lol:

I think on the captaincy it's safe to say Howe has nailed it

Taking it away from Lascelles whilst he's here is unnecessary, credit to Lascelles for how he's behaved during this season and Trippier too, who has recognised Lascelles as club captain 

If Lascelles leaves then obviously Trippier will officially get the captaincy but there's no need to do that yet 

15 minutes ago, ATB said:

Yeah, at this stage its very weird. Just make Tripper the captain! We´re literally trying to sell Lascelles anyway :lol:

We only see these snippets but i keep reading lascelles, Murphy and Ritchie are all fantastic day to day.

Trippier is an established international who has won league titles abroad and played in a CL final. I don’t think him being there has anything to do with the captaincy.

45 minutes ago, Smal said:

Trippier is an established international who has won league titles abroad and played in a CL final. I don’t think him being there has anything to do with the captaincy.

There's a good chance he probably doesn't know who Lascelles is.