Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

8 hours ago, NEEJ said:

They make it seem like he hobbled the whole way there on crutches while the team took the bus. :lol:

They do this with everything now. 

"Kieran Tripper's telling message to team mates ahead of Brentford clash" 

"Try and win lads aye" 

3 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Seeing him there with his crutches is my favourite part of this photo. It's really not typical right for a player to do that??

Who else think Burn intentionally stands next to Fraser whenever possible. He knows what he's doing!! ;D

Wow.

That is class. I can't think of a Newcastle player that has navigated the club as well as Trippier. Come in, done it on the pitch, now engaging off the pitch too. I know TG has his critics, but I never thought a current player would do this. Madness.

Edited by Thiago

5 minutes ago, Thiago said:

Wow.

That is class. I can't think of a Newcastle player that has navigated the club as well as Trippier. Come in, done it on the pitch, now engaging off the pitch too. I know TG has his critics, but I never thought a current player would do this. Madness.

TG has been sound since he started the podcasts. Wasn't a huge fan before but am now, seems like a genuine, lovely bloke. 

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

True Geordie is sound these days, like. It's that Laurence that makes anything he's involved in hard to watch. 

He’s proper sound, a good bloke, smashing it and has had some tough personal trials in his life he’s overcome. 

Guest HTT II

Not a big fan of the other one, but they work well together and it seems to stick between the two so it doesn’t bother me.

26 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

With TG it is nice to have someone with a platform in our corner. Especially when the local journos are such shitehawks.

back in the day he was the only one with any sort of platform at all that was sticking the boot in to Pardew. I actually like Lawrence too.

1 hour ago, midds said:

Bri and Rory are sound, McKola is decent. Not keen on Laurence but Buvey brings nothing at all. 

Rory is grand if you accept he doesn't believe half the stuff he's peddling. McKola seems perpetually angry.

Laurence annoys people but I wouldn't change him, the mix of guys they have on there is fantastic and the set and production is high quality. It's often hilarious and very cozy viewing. It's the best independent football show out there imo.

Edited by Mountain

That should be a really good watch. 

I’m also a fan of The Kick Off, and they all bring something to the table personality-wise. I want to see more appearances by James Lawrence Allcott though as he is really good on his own channel. To be honest a lot of these YouTube lads put the so-called expert TV pundits to shame.

4 minutes ago, Wandy said:

That should be a really good watch. 

I’m also a fan of The Kick Off, and they all bring something to the table personality-wise. I want to see more appearances by James Lawrence Allcott though as he is really good on his own channel. To be honest a lot of these YouTube lads put the so-called expert TV pundits to shame.

JLA is class, best football YouTuber there is and puts so many pundits to shame.

The Kick Off is at its absolute best when they're being serious imo. The super league episode was excellent and the latest episode on Chelsea is really good too. I'd much rather listen to seemingly normal people with genuine passion for their club and football talk about things they're intimately familiar with than even the very best journalists who still pontificate a bit and can be a bit alienating.

Slightly self indulgent so apologies, but when Rory's not being massively partisan he makes a lot of points about the way football's going, his views on Abramovich, and especially in the super league episode, that reminds me of how experiencing Mike Ashley and the takeover lead me to  wondering about capitalism, society, tribalism, material interests and so on in general. Has anyone else had a similar sort of thing happen to them because of football or Ashley?

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

The Kick Off is at its absolute best when they're being serious imo. The super league episode was excellent and the latest episode on Chelsea is really good too. I'd much rather listen to seemingly normal people with genuine passion for their club and football talk about things they're intimately familiar with than even the very best journalists who still pontificate a bit and can be a bit alienating.

Slightly self indulgent so apologies, but when Rory's not being massively partisan he makes a lot of points about the way football's going, his views on Abramovich, and especially in the super league episode, that reminds me of how experiencing Mike Ashley and the takeover lead me to  wondering about capitalism, society, tribalism, material interests and so on in general. Has anyone else had a similar sort of thing happen to them because of football or Ashley?

Aye but in the other way for me. My disdain for the Tories, modern capitalism and flag shagging made me think about that stuff in football. I utterly resent the elitism that's in football, the focus on the top 6 and the best players as the be all and end all. Elitism or classism is inherently prominent in the UK that people don't realise it. I think the UK is one of the most elitist/classist Western countries going and that attitude or similar to is clear also in football.

11 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Aye but in the other way for me. My disdain for the Tories, modern capitalism and flag shagging made me think about that stuff in football. I utterly resent the elitism that's in football, the focus on the top 6 and the best players as the be all and end all. Elitism or classism is inherently prominent in the UK that people don't realise it. I think the UK is one of the most elitist/classist Western countries going and that attitude or similar to is clear also in football.

I broadly agree with this. This is still such a class ridden society. Open your mouth and you're pigeon-holed as thick northern, posh snob, spivvy cockney, etc. So very ignorant. 

Also, the worship of money that has developed so strongly over the past 4 decades feels so much greater here than in neighbouring countries. In football, the cultivation of the Big 4/5/6 reflects this. The constant marketing and promotion of the richest and most powerful clubs has a willing audience, sadly. 

34 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Has anyone else had a similar sort of thing happen to them because of football or Ashley?

Goes without saying for me. I've always seen various aspects of life through a football lens tbh. It's educated me, shaped my other interests, influenced life choices and been an anchor of lots of really important relationships, including family members. 

But aye, the way football clubs are run has definitely influenced my political beliefs too - not that I have especially strong views on that many things.