Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

£25m or Kimmich in return and I'll swim him there on my back whilst he's shagging my lass.

Next up, £5m for Matt Ritchie to KSA, best get me arm bands on. 

If we can get 25 million for him, then it'd be madness to reject that for a 33 year old. Anything above 16 or 17 million would be a good deal to be honest.

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

How much could this just be the German press knowing Bayern want him, he's mates with Kane and Dier and just assuming he'd go? They're probably not used to them being knocked back by a player or club. 

We saw the way the Italian press went on when we were linked with Botman along with Milan that they just assumed he'd end up over there. 

I reckon Spurs fans probably said similar about Kane tbf. Bayern are a massive and extremely difficult club for a player to reject, the only saving grace is that Trippier has previously been abroad and returned due to home sickness. 

1 minute ago, Scoot said:

If we can get 25 million for him, then it'd be madness to reject that for a 33 year old. Anything above 16 or 17 million would be a good deal to be honest.

The problem is that £25m doesn't replace the goal contributions we'd immediately lose. Our entire attack is structured through Trippier's overlaps. 

We could deal with that in the summer, and would obviously have to deal with it eventually anyway, but with the finances as they are, and other positions being a priority, it's hard to see how you replace those assists between now and the end of the season. 

I think his period of poor form is already over most likely, I think it was mostly fatigue due to sheer volume of games as with most of the others

Unless there really is something going on away from the field

Edited by Barnes23

4 minutes ago, Andy said:

The problem is that £25m doesn't replace the goal contributions we'd immediately lose. Our entire attack is structured through Trippier's overlaps. 

We could deal with that in the summer, and would obviously have to deal with it eventually anyway, but with the finances as they are, and other positions being a priority, it's hard to see how you replace those assists between now and the end of the season. 

I do agree with this but I do also feel we need be less reliant on that particular strategy 

1 minute ago, Barnes23 said:

I think his period of poor form is already over most likely, I think it was mostly fatigue due to sheer volume of games as with most of the others

I think he wants away from whoever posted photos of him cheating in the family home.

4 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

If he stays and his poor form

continues, these reports of him wanting the move aren’t going to help his relationship with (some of) the fans 

His relationship with the fans is fine. Apart from one divvy who apologised. Talk about an over reaction.:lol:

5 minutes ago, Andy said:

I understand that but it sounds like he's wanting the move. Obviously something has gone on in his personal life. It's one of those things where it might be best for all parties. We move on with Tino at right back. He's a threat himself in that position.

4 minutes ago, STM said:

His relationship with the fans is fine. Apart from one divvy who apologised. Talk about an over reaction.:lol:

I know it is, that’s my point…

He won’t be quite the beloved sweetheart if people think he wants out 

Edited by Superior Acuña

7 minutes ago, Andy said:

Given the tight margins we’re operating within, I wouldn’t let concerns about the rest of the season prevent me from doing a move that benefits us long term. There’s not much left to play for and we probably wouldn’t get as much money for him in the summer.

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Love the bloke but where entering a new phase of the project and we may have to accept it makes sense.

Totally agree, in many ways its the sort of pragmatism we've lacked for years.

11 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

That's a good point. At the same time his defensive blunders were happening last season aswell. It just didn't happen as often as last couple of months, and also didn't get punished as often, while we were winning so many games anyways. His offensive contribution did make up for it, no doubt about that.

Edited by Erikse

We don't just lose the player, we lose the man. And he's as big as you get for us, he's helped turn this club around with who is he, not just how he plays.

Edited by Bimpy474

Feel the restrictions placed on us might be a sickener for the likes of him, knowing we can't kick on while they're here having probably previously expected us to grow much quicker.

I dunno, I liked football better when there was romance to it.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Totally agree, in many ways its the sort of pragmatism we've lacked for years.

Yeah club considered it cheaper to keep players on long contracts then deal, sad to see him go but Tino softens blow massively.

21 minutes ago, Andy said:

I reckon Spurs fans probably said similar about Kane tbf. Bayern are a massive and extremely difficult club for a player to reject, the only saving grace is that Trippier has previously been abroad and returned due to home sickness. 

Not saying it won't happen, just think there's an arrogance or assumption in the press that when one of their big clubs want someone, they assume it'll happen. We see it here. I remember our press being cock sure that Ronaldinho would join Man Utd for example when they made an offer from PSG. Marca ran for about 3 years with Vieira going to Real Madrid and that never happened, etc. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, Toonjam88 said:

I mean I have literally told you something that was second hand from the guy that owns the Vermont but you go ahead and just ignore it 👍🏻

Fella if your mate knew the reception staff or the cleaners it would be more believable, the idea that the person who owns the fucking thing has any idea of what happens in that place day to day, beyond the books is fucking laughable. But you do you.

You've played your ITK card in this thread, whereas others have done the same saying it’s bollocks. It might come as a shock to you, but you’re a faceless poster on an internet forum thread to me, so why should I believe you any more than the other faceless posters on the forum exactly?

You also didn’t address the underlying point I made either, that people are far too eager to believe everything negative associated with the club at the minute, despite now having two and a bit years of evidence to the contrary.