Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

8 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

People forget how many assists tripper got despite missing the end of the season with injuries. He did have the odd stinker (Everton and man utd' but overall them assists far outweigh the mistakes. I think he's worth one more season. Despite what people think of Southgate, trippier can't be finished if he's playing for England and even getting a game in the wrong position. We should be grateful we've got him for now at least.

On a similar topic, if we got longstaff out the door then we'd be losing goals from midfield. Bruno, joelinton and tonali are superior players but they won't score more goals than longstaff. 

I mean there seems to be a love in for tonali when he's basically pissed a chunk of his career away and it's cost the club massively in the process....longstaff plays through the pain barrier receiving injections and hes the poor fucker getting tons of grief. 

Now if we can sign a goalscoring midfielder who can shoot (or at least try to now and then) then longstaff stays also

It comes down to PSR at the end of the day. We've just had to sell two young players with potential because of it, personally I would rather have hung onto those.

1 minute ago, Ankles Bennett said:

No way is Trippier joining Byern Munich or any other foreign team after he left Athletico because his wife wanted to go back to the UK 

You assume he still has a wife 

2 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

Until he says otherwise.  He still has a wife.

Surely that’s up to her 

6 hours ago, andycap said:

Think we should of offloaded him in January. He's starting to make massive errors defensively now. 

I thought he had a decent Euros, tbf, given he was playing on his weaker side with a pair of self entitled balloon knots intermittently playing in front of him. 

3 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

I thought he had a decent Euros, tbf, given he was playing on his weaker side with a pair of self entitled balloon knots intermittently playing in front of him. 

Agreed, and our best football all tournament stopped the moment he went off the pitch

The Istanbul derby would be great fun next season if this goes through.

I stand on Trippier has been overly criticized by our fans, the Everton game was a killer blow for him. He was out of position at the Euros and dont think he made a single mistake?

Had a bad spell of individual errors costing goals but was still good imo. He was one of the best players in the league first third of the season. He'd still be my starting RB but with Tino closer to him.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

He's been a cracking player for us, but fucking hell when you've got something else on ya mind it's hard to concentrate on owt else ,when my champion leeks were gan to bust the 5inch limit I lost interest playing the queen's heed.

6 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Shame. Still a cracking player.

He's been great for us, but he wants to go and we're open to selling him.

In hindsight, we should have let him go in January tbh.

A key part of being a well functioning club is moving players on at the right time, we certainly haven't done that well enough in the past.

Trippier, Wilson & Miggy all fall in to that category imo.

6 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

Based on? Genuine question. I know someone on the forum is fairly close to his circle, I wanna say @Shadow Puppets

No idea if 'shadow puppets' is or not to be honest mate.

I know trippier wants away for multiple reasons though. Saudi would be the most likely but if Bayern are still in for him as reported today (no idea how true that is) then that may change.