Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

41 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

He likes a drink doesn’t he, can’t imagine Saudi would suit him too well.

They could probably set him up with his own private bar at home tbh. He could drink himself under the table if he wants. Not much chance of a game of darts at the pub with his mates though, that might be a dealbreaker.

2 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

I agree. No problem with Livramento as first choice but after that we'd be stuck with Krafth, Murphy or maybe a RCB who can fill in. 

Assuming we wouldn't get a huge fee for Trips I wonder what our budget would be for a replacement?

Think with one season, Murphy as back up RB is fine IMO if we've got a star RW.

Don't need to overspend on RB as Tino should have it locked down for rest of this decade. I mentioned Lamptey in other thread, and he would suffice as a back up RB if needed.

19 minutes ago, Slim said:

He's just started nearly all the England games but not good enough for us 😂 

Think that says more about loyalty/trust from Southgate, rather than ability. Like would we want him playing LB for us over Hall and Kelly, heck even Tino? No.

Now is a good time for all parties to go their separate ways. Guys legs have gone, and the wages his on to be back up isn't worth it if we can get £5m-£10m into the coffers too.

10 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Think that says more about loyalty/trust from Southgate, rather than ability. Like would we want him playing LB for us over Hall and Kelly, heck even Tino? No.

Now is a good time for all parties to go their separate ways. Guys legs have gone, and the wages his on to be back up isn't worth it if we can get £5m-£10m into the coffers too.

Not think Howe has same trust? 

Whatever happens to Trippier he will go down as a fantastic servant to the club, might not ot had best games for England and few ropey performances before his injury but his Newcastle career will go down as nothing but top class 

1 hour ago, Heyzeus scrogg said:

Do you know what it is? if i hadTrippiers money,  I would  still buy a property looking over Walker park, .moneys not in ya coffin, kids still love a bit of messing around  with wrang'uns

Yuz nyu her lyk?

2 hours ago, TRon said:

They could probably set him up with his own private bar at home tbh. He could drink himself under the table if he wants. Not much chance of a game of darts at the pub with his mates though, that might be a dealbreaker.

They are setting up an alcohol shop in Riyadh. You are only allowed 240 litres of beer per month per person though.

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I wish it would just get resolved at this point cos I hate drawn-out departures for players I really like. One of the reasons why I didn't connect with the England team this summer was the speculation around two of our players in the squad. Trippier and Gordon seemed like Schroedinger's Footballers at one point. Both belonging to Newcastle and not belonging to Newcastle simultaneously. 

This really fucks me off too. It's no wonder most of our fanbase are lunatics when it comes to player sales, we're conditioned by the fucking media, influencers and whoever the fuck else (our own lot included) to not deserve nice things. They can all get fucked and I can't wait until we win something soon so I smug :smug: myself into oblivion finally. :lol: :lol: 

***** channels @Mike's USA soccer tirade ️ energy ️ *****

Im very keen he stays. I think he brings so much to the team around standards. He runs the team on the pitch.

I'm also in the camp that with Livramentos injury record even if he’s the starter he’s going to miss a chuck of the season. I’m not sure Krafth is the level of backup needed, so you end up back in the transfer market. Given Trippiers age, the fee received will barely cover a half decent backup.

I just don’t see the value in a sale, unless Trippier wants to leave. Recoup 10m and spend the same on an average player whilst losing the the dressing room leader.