Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

Other than selling his box, losing the captaincy, putting a ‘great meeting’ with  a Saudi club on Instagram and the most reliable journalist in the country saying he wants out.

I’ve not seen anything at all to suggest he may leave.

Edited by lovejoy

4 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Likely that Howe is trying to protect him if he can’t get his move away, it doesn’t benefit anyone if his place at the club becomes untenable.

Exactly.

He may well not leave, I’m guessing this stuff happens all of the time at football clubs.

We should definitely try to sell though, it’s time. 

I agree with what you’re saying, but did he really lose the captaincy. Lascelles has always been captain and Tripper was a stand in. We’ve just moved the on field captaincy to a player that will actually play every week 

With what the club will have known about our FFP position and possibly the rumors about his private life it was a huge error not to accept Bayern's offer for him in January. His head clearly hasn't been right since those rumors.

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

With what the club will have known about our FFP position and possibly the rumors about his private life it was a huge error not to accept Bayern's offer for him in January. His head clearly hasn't been right since those rumors.

Think it's been his personal stuff. Transfer chatter probably didn't soothe his nerves but he doesn't seem like the type to get rattled by that sort of thing

7 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I don't get this, only with hindsight is it an error, with our squad dropping like flies struggling for form it's unreasonable not to sanction one of our biggest players on pitch and in dressing room? There are things to dig the club out for making mistakes with and I'm not saying wasn't a case to sell him then but its just unfortunate but not a mistake when the reasoning was sound.

I don’t know trippier by the way. Never met him in my life I just know a few people that do and it all seems a bit of a mess really.

Could they all be wrong? Absolutely they could.

But there’s enough signs outside of any of that to suggest all isn’t well, and I’d believe Ornstein over an Eddie Howe presser response any day of the week.

Edited by lovejoy

12 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I don't get this, only with hindsight is it an error, with our squad dropping like flies struggling for form it's unreasonable not to sanction one of our biggest players on pitch and in dressing room? There are things to dig the club out for making mistakes with and I'm not saying wasn't a case to sell him then but its just unfortunate but not a mistake when the reasoning was sound.

It's hindsight for us but the club had a much clearer view of our FFP position and what was going on with him back then and his form had been off for months, his fall-out at Bournemouth was back in November and he hadn't been right before and since then.

We were willing to sell Almiron at that time, which was an area of the team where are injury crisis was much more of an issue.

It is more of an error in hindsight by even without hindsight it was an error.

3 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

In January, selling and keeping Tripps could easily have been the difference between getting in Europe or not. It was a v reasonable decision to keep him.

Almiron arguably would have made more difference given how short we were for wingers but we were willing to sell him.

6 hours ago, lovejoy said:

I don’t know trippier by the way. Never met him in my life I just know a few people that do and it all seems a bit of a mess really.

Could they all be wrong? Absolutely they could.

But there’s enough signs outside of any of that to suggest all isn’t well, and I’d believe Ornstein over an Eddie Howe presser response any day of the week.

similar.

On 23/08/2024 at 16:05, Jackie Broon said:

Almiron arguably would have made more difference given how short we were for wingers but we were willing to sell him.

Did he start many games after that? Completely justified keeping trippier at the time but getting rid of miggy wouldn't have been an issue 

10 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

But she hasn’t dumped him, they’re still together aren’t they? 

According to Shadow Puppets off here they are like. Everyone else thinks not but he gets all the inside info

11 minutes ago, jack j said:

According to Shadow Puppets off here they are like. Everyone else thinks not but he gets all the inside info

Well then the problem is of his own making. Nothing to be levelled against the club if he does leave.