Sven Botman

The Prophet

Botman official today or tomorrow. More players to sign between now and when the window closes, watch this space. I'm told Ciaran Clark wont pe part of the squad going forward.

Edited by Ikon

4 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Paha, Edwards saying not much money left in the transfer kitty.

I mean that's got to be bollocks. How would he know anyway?

Edwards: "The club will go bankrupt if they sign even one more player. St James's Park is currently a pile of rubble and I'm hearing that one of the first team players has just been run over by the team bus. As always, things can change but as it stands the club is going into administration in the next five minutes."

4 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Paha, Edwards saying not much money left in the transfer kitty.

He’s probably not wrong I imagine he’s right that we’ll pay a chunk up front and pay the rest in instalments to get round the budget 

Just now, TRon said:

I mean that's got to be bollocks. How would he know anyway?

He said there’s about £40m/£50m left he’s probably not far wrong 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Again, how would he know? He'd be the last journalist the club would talk to given his opposition to the takeover.

People misconstrue Edwards at times but he tweets in a tone of "this is how it 100% is going to be" which can be a bit patronising and his pathetic defence of Bruce is still on people's minds. But there'll be wriggle room, for example if we were able to get Raphinha or Diaby for £40m-45m plus add ons we would do it, there isn't some set budget.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Again, how would he know? He'd be the last journalist the club would talk to given his opposition to the takeover.

Absolutely he’s probably guessing but Quite a few journalists have said the budget will be under £100m 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

So it's already 50 million over what he said it was just over a month ago. The bloke talks total and utter bullshit. As for his source, well one thing is for sure it won't be any of the owners or their close confidences. Bloke is a bald prick.

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

So it's already 50 million over what he said it was just over a month ago. The bloke talks total and utter bullshit. As for his source, well one thing is for sure it won't be any of the owners or their close confidences. Bloke is a bald prick.

I don’t really care about Luke edwards Or what he’s got to say I’m just saying he’s probably not far off in my opinion. Reckon we’ll get a striker & right winger using £50m/£40m up front and the rest of fees in instalments 

8 minutes ago, gdm said:

I don’t really care about Luke edwards Or what he’s got to say I’m just saying he’s probably not far off in my opinion. Reckon we’ll get a striker & right winger using £50m/£40m up front and the rest of fees in instalments 

So he is far off then as he initially said the budget was only 50 million. Not having a go at you, I'm just saying the bloke talks utter shit and try's then to justify different measures when he's made to look like the bullshit merchant he is.