Sven Botman set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

23 minutes ago, Nine said:

Its going to take 4/5/6 seasons to transform this squad into a side that can compete for top 4 let alone compete in the CL, what the hell [emoji38]

6 seasons ? 😂 Jesus that optimism, Arsenal competed last season we are better than them already.

Just now, RodneyCisse said:

Yeah I’m thinking sneaking top 7 for europa conference would be above and beyond what we as a fan base should expect.

I'd be over the moon with top 7 mate but won't be surprised one bit if we better that.

I would temper expectations.

We over achieved. Cant over achieve ever season. Solid top 10, while getting all the new joiners used to the league is a great step forward I think.
Push on year after

Guest HTT II

We should, right now, be looking to finish at least 8th. With better attacking additions along the calibre of Bruno, top 6. Outside of the top 4 there isn’t a great deal between most teams. We finished 11th after the worst start ever by a PL side. 

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

Our back 5 is as good as anyone's bar City, Liverpool and Chelsea. We were already top 6 form under Howe before this summer transfer window and pre season. We'll be in and around the top four next season I'm in no doubt.

You’re dreaming man. We’re currently an injury to Wilson away from an average mid table team. Even with him fit, our likely spot is around 8-10. Top 4 have quality experienced internationals to come in and cover when they get injuries throughout the team- we have the likes of Clark and Ritchie. We’re nowhere near top 4. 

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Our back 5 is as good as anyone's bar City, Liverpool and Chelsea. We were already top 6 form under Howe before this summer transfer window and pre season. We'll be in and around the top four next season I'm in no doubt.

Chelsea’s defence has and will be decimated with Rudigier leaving and others on a free. They seem to be prioritising attacking options instead of defence for some weird reason. 

Just now, Manxst said:

You’re dreaming man. We’re currently an injury to Wilson away from an average mid table team. Even with him fit, our likely spot is around 8-10. Top 4 have quality experienced internationals to come in and cover when they get injuries throughout the team- we have the likes of Clark and Ritchie. We’re nowhere near top 4. 

Did you watch the Arsenal game ? Only one team looked like they should be competing for the champions league mate, after Man City and Liverpool the league currently is nothing special.

4 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Yeah I’m thinking sneaking top 7 for europa conference would be above and beyond what we as a fan base should expect.

Europa Conference would be fantastic. Could probably win it as well.

Edited by krybel

6 seasons ? 😂 Jesus that optimism, Arsenal competed last season we are better than them already.

4-6, the nature of football suggests that we will meet bumps in the road.. you obviously must think it will be smooth sailing and every player we sign will be a hit, no one will ever get injured again, Howe will beat Klopp and Pep in their own back yards every season. How are we better than Arsenal?? We had better form than most teams at the end of last season but that does not mean we are a better side. 

Just now, WillingtonMag said:

Did you watch the Arsenal game ? Only one team looked like they should be competing for the champions league mate, after Man City and Liverpool the league currently is nothing special.

Yes, I did, and we were great. However, over a season with form, and injuries taking their inevitable toll, we won’t be able to sustain that every game. 

People on here are like battered wives not believing they are safe when their husbands have been locked up. Ashley's gone fellas Eddie's here now and we're going all the way to the top.

Edited by WillingtonMag

1 minute ago, Nine said:

4-6, the nature of football suggests that we will meet bumps in the road.. you obviously must think it will be smooth sailing and every player we sign will be a hit, no one will ever get injured again, Howe will beat Klopp and Pep in their own back yards every season. How are we better than Arsenal?? We had better form than most teams at the end of last season but that does not mean we are a better side. 

No I fully accept Liverpool and City are way beyond us special teams and your 6 seasons to compete with them aye maybe, but to compete with Arsenal and Spurs? Nah. 

Edited by WillingtonMag

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Spurs look tasty, Chelsea have some quality depth and Arsenal despite their flaws, have some real quality too. Man Utd do too. I’ve said it before we should be looking to finish ahead of WHU who finished 7th. There is no reason why we can’t be aiming for the place they eventually finished up at last season. I also think they may struggle to recapture that place next season, Moyes’ teams usually have a stellar season, then a not so good season the one after and his team traditionally finish a season less stronger. Leicester are not a worry for me, I can see Rodgers being one of the first managers sacked next season.

Edited by HTT II

Yeah I would predict midtable still. 7th would be great. You have to spend to stand still in the league and face it for the majority of teh season we were in the bottom 6. We will climb out of that but expectations of Europe are far fetched. Season after is when that starts to become an expectation. It's very very hard to get into that position. Villa have spent a lot too and for once seem to have spent moderately well. West Ham are fairly entrenched i wouldn't expect them to get worse. Always a chance Man U get their act together (oh wait lol no). If Brighton sign an actual goal scorer they could be up there too. I expect us to do well but there will be injuries, there will be spells of bad form. We won't keep up last seasons form, which was some superhuman feat but also slightly driven by panic and fear of the drop.

Edited by Tiresias

8 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

We should hope for it. We had third best form (Liverpool, Man City, Us) of 2022 (39 points from 19 games is crazy good!) so who knows! 

We are no way near top 4.

I think we should be looking at...

This season. Top 7 and qualifiying for Conference League.

Next season. Chasing Europa spot playing Conference League football. We'd have 2 windows to add squad depth.

Season After. Chasing Champions League spot, playing Europa League.

5 year plan... Champions of Premier League?

People on here are like battered wives not believing they are safe when their husbands have been locked up. Ashley's gone fellas Eddie's here now and we're going all the way to the top.

We’re years behind the top 4/6 in terms of squads, let alone the likes of training facilities etc. We’re playing catch up after being neglected for over a decade. Two transfer windows doesn’t solve that overnight and get us top 4! 

5 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Because we won one game against them? Botman, Pope and some wide player doesnt change anything. Didnt Arsenal finished 5? We are a midtable team. Even Leicester and West Ham will be difficult to finish above.

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

We should hope for it. We had third best form (Liverpool, Man City, Us) of 2022 (39 points from 19 games is crazy good!) so who knows! 

Also more time with Howes coaching he said himself he set us up differently because we were in a relegation scrap. Fully expect us to be hammering teams by 3 and 4 goals on the regular this season.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Spurs look tasty, Chelsea have some quality depth and Arsenal despite their flaws, have some real quality too. Man Utd do too. I’ve said it before we should be looking to finish ahead of WHU who finished 7th. There is no reason why we can’t be aiming for the place they eventually finished up at last season. I also think they may struggle to recapture that place next season, Moyes’ teams usually have a stellar season, than a not so good season and his sides traditionally finish a season less stringer. Leicester are not a worry for me, I can see Rodgers being one of the first managers sacked next season.

Rodgers has a habit of doing well early doors then just coasting, have Leicester even improved their squad from last season ? 

Just now, nufc123 said:

Because we won one game against them? Botman, Pope and some wide player doesnt change anything. Didnt Arsenal finished 5? We are a midtable team. Even Leicester and West Ham will be difficult to finish above.

Wasn't one game we were brilliant from the turn of the year.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Ben said:

Rodgers has a habit of doing well early doors then just coasting, have Leicester even improved their squad from last season ? 

I don’t think they have, Vardy will be another year older and defensively they look really suspect. He’s a good coach, but not the best manager, when things go bad, he loses the confidence of his players and in his own convictions. He’s a 3 year max at a club type manager before things become boring, stale and things don’t wash with the owners and players anymore. 

Edited by HTT II

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

A top centre half and one the best keepers in the country doesn't change anything ? How doesn't it like? Makes us a lot stronger.