Sven Botman

The Prophet

17 hours ago, Dyeyzzon said:

Aye Schade had his number first half but Botman went on to win every duel in the second. Quietly epitomized our turnaround. 

Once he had a better idea of his speed he had him figured out. First half he didn't seem to realise or have a good idea of how quick the striker was. Quality defender. Love the fact that he doesn't fall to pieces when he makes a mistake, but instead seems to adjust and get better from there onwards.

4 hours ago, KaKa said:

Once he had a better idea of his speed he had him figured out. First half he didn't seem to realise or have a good idea of how quick the striker was. Quality defender. Love the fact that he doesn't fall to pieces when he makes a mistake, but instead seems to adjust and get better from there onwards.

Must be so frustrating for an opponent when they think they're about to have a great day.

13 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Not particularly worried but he's been pretty poor in some games recently.

Suppose we forget he's a young lad and any dip in the overall team he's likely to suffer. He was horribly exposed mind.

One thing that concerns me is that for a team of midgets villa seemed to connect with any ball sent in 

He’s gotten weirdly indecisive on the ball as of late, which he wasn’t earlier in the season. He seems to take like 1-2 extra touches too much for my liking at the moment. I’m assuming it’s confidence right now. 

6 hours ago, Kanji said:

He’s gotten weirdly indecisive on the ball as of late, which he wasn’t earlier in the season. He seems to take like 1-2 extra touches too much for my liking at the moment. I’m assuming it’s confidence right now. 

I think it's a simple case of too much intense football and pressure coupled with high intense training. Most players are suffering from it. It stands out.

And as you say, confidence.

I think it's just a case of business end of the season management and this is where Eddie Howe and co will earn their corn if they can revitalise the squad for the final push for a top 4 spot.