Sven Botman: set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

Just now, reefatoon said:

Was it him that was booked? I wasn’t sure if it was him or the Bournemouth player for flouncing on the floor.

Yeah Botman got carded. Then Goodman was getting a wide on in comms at the thought of him getting a second yellow when he fouled someone later. 

On 11/02/2023 at 21:55, joeyt said:

Shows how good he is that today was his first yellow of the season. Pretty unheard of for a defender

He’s an absolute clean shorts defender. That lunge after he overran is one of the first times I can remember him diving in bar when he’s guaranteed to win it. 

He’s class, miles better than I was expecting albeit I’d not watched him.

58 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Debuchy was the best aerial defender I’ve seen for us I reckon. Guy never lost a header.

Did we have two Debuchys. He was regularly beaten by a man coming in behind him and him just not knowing the the attacker had arrived. It was his blind spot. 

2 minutes ago, madras said:

Did we have two Debuchys. He was regularly beaten by a man coming in behind him and him just not knowing the the attacker had arrived. It was his blind spot. 

can't remember much about his marking, but he was dominant in aerial duels. from goal kicks etc 

23 hours ago, Big River said:

can't remember much about his marking, but he was dominant in aerial duels. from goal kicks etc 

Still going strong at 37 for Valenciennes in Ligue 2. He's become a CB in his latter years, probably due to how good he is in the air.

• 2 weeks later...

From club website:

"I'm quite a social person so I don't really have problems getting to know new people. The people here are just lovely, man – so kind in the city, and it's really easy to settle down here," ... "People ask me how I settled so quick, but the environment is such a friendly environment. Everybody is helping each other.”

Lovely to read.

• 2 weeks later...