More transfer rumours

midds

1 hour ago, nbthree3 said:

From the Ashworth article https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10665443/Dan-Ashworth-wait-NOVEMBER-taking-Newcastles-sporting-director.html

Meanwhile, the club’s scouting team will hold a series of meetings this week to organise summer targets. We understand positions up for discussion are goalkeeper, centre-back, central midfield, winger and striker.

The goalkeepers mentioned include Arsenal’s Bernd Leno, West Bromwich Albion's Sam Johnstone, Manchester United's Dean Henderson and Chelsea's Kepa Arrizabalaga, although the latter is seen as a loan option.

RB Leipzig defender Josko Gvardiol, the 20-year-old Croatian, will have no shortage of suitors but is expected to be part of discussions this week, as will Bournemouth’s Lloyd Kelly.

Midfielders under consideration are said to include Brighton’s Yves Bissouma and Leeds star Kalvin Phillips, with wingers Brennan Johnson, of Nottingham Forest, and Bayer Leverkusen’s Moussa Diaby also on the list.

In attack, meanwhile, Everton’s Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Benfica’s Darwin Nunez, Leverkusen’s Patrik Schick and Alexander Isak of Real Sociedad are among the targets.

When you consider where we’ve been as a club in recent times, looking at that list of strikers and not viewing it as absolute fantasy feels outrageous ?

Only decent youngish keeper I can think of who doesn’t play for a monster club is Unai Simon but Bilbao have a different pull obviously.

How good is Etienne Green? Still got Woodman lurking too but he obviously wasn’t great at the start of the season.

I’d be happy enough with Dubravka as #1 again next season, plenty areas higher priority for me if budget is £50-75m + sales.

2 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

What an utterly uninspiring list of goalkeepers.

:thup: Leno and Johnstone arent good enough. Henderson I think is likely over rated based on his Sheff Utd season as he's not really impressed since though his opportunities have been few really. Kepa is the best of those 4 but probably not a fit for what we'd want.

Agree with Disco Simon would be a great shout. 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

Wouldn't say no to Bartlomiej Dragowski as a backup for Dubs.

Kept an eye on him since that mad Empoli v Atalanta game a few years ago where he faced 47 shots. Seems weirdly in and out the team at Fiorentina.

Also he looks magnificent and I reckon he'd end up a fan favourite based solely on the beard.

1230471259.0.jpg

14 hours ago, Solitude20 said:

Why does he have to be mobile at all? The other two midfielders should be mobile. Who says all midfielders should be mobile?

I think all midfielders should be mobile and if they are not, they must be excellent on the ball. 

That’s one thing the great PL teams always have - extremely mobile CMs. With the exception of Carrick/Scholes. I think Rodri adapting the physicality of the league has been huge as Fernandinho’s mobility has been central to City’s success.   I hate seeing us being run out of game. I think the best Newcastle teams have dynamic midfields too. 

Since August 2019, Calvert Lewin has managed only 93 more league minutes than Callum Wilson. For the same money, easily north of 50M, you probably get Raphinha, so no thanks.

Ekitike for me! A double punt on Ekitete and Brereton Diaz would be cool too.

15 minutes ago, LFEE said:

So more or less every position on the field bar FB (strange unless Targett is agreed).

And that's names mentioned to you, fairly sure in their position I'd be a bit more secretive.