More transfer rumours

midds

3 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

If they can get who they have in their shopping trolley it wouldn’t surprise me if they spent up to £200 million, that’s factoring in FFP. Not saying they will, but if they are serious about Nunez @ £100 million and targeting 5-6 Bruno types, it’s going to top the January spending and some.

At least we’re actively trying to sign players eh. Light years away from the Ashley nonsense we had to endure for years.

1 minute ago, ExiledGeordie said:

At least we’re actively trying to sign players eh. Light years away from the Ashley nonsense we had to endure for years.

I know, it’s taking some getting used to but compared to Ashley’s horror show it’s basically this :

177CF633-5B8D-426B-B1ED-CD7379B957D9.thumb.jpeg.8ad64fc833abf37bcd9e0e93d7a4d44f.jpeg

:bluestar:

18 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

It’s great if they are wrong but Craig Hope, George Caulkin and Mark Douglas who I sat and listened to at a talk in earlier this week are rarely that wrong given their contacts ?

They've definetly been briefed, but they were in January too and they figure was incorrect. 

23 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

It’s great if they are wrong but Craig Hope, George Caulkin and Mark Douglas who I sat and listened to at a talk in earlier this week are rarely that wrong given their contacts ?

Most them said 50 mullion per window. We nearly spent double that in January

Its one thing having contacts and being briefed but it doesn't mean they're being briefed correctly...

Guest HTT II
39 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

They know fuck all in reality, they are nearly always wrong and often report on the facts when it becomes a fact.

42 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Those contacts can also use friendly journos to get the message out that they want people to believe. 

1 hour ago, jack j said:

Most them said 50 mullion per window. We nearly spent double that in January

Its one thing having contacts and being briefed but it doesn't mean they're being briefed correctly...

And that's without getting some of the players we put bids in for

I think it's fairly clear that club are intentionally playing down the amount they have to spend. 

Even if the original budget was 60m, as some journalists would lead us to believe, once we have sold a couple of players that budget could immediately end up at 85m.

Also, something that hasn't been factored in, is the amount of wages we are going to be saving on soon. Ritchie, Hayden, Clark, Fernandez, Gayle, Darlow, Manquillo is going to save us 1/4 of a million every week. Add Almiron or Murphy or Lascelles and that's even more.

Having a massively reduced wage budget will give us plenty of rope in the market, when trying to get the balance correct between transfer fees and future wages.

I'd be shocked it we don't spend more than 100m in this window. The targets which have been suggested are going to take, at least, that amount.

Estimates

Henderson Loan with a future fee or transfer with installments based on appearances etc.

Renan Lodi: 25m

Botman: 38m

Diaby: 40m

Those 3 take us to 100m and that's without a striker, which is our priority. [emoji38]

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

They are reporting the budget based on our current sponsorship which can’t be worth much. If and when we get new sponsorships, the budget will also increase.

They may even be delaying the announcement of a new sponsor in order to get some signings over the line while we are still constrained by the current finances.

There is no chance that the club's budget is anything less than 100m. It is safe to assume that it is between 150-250m. We certainly should expect at the very least a CB, LB, RW, and CF. A midfielder and a GK is very likely as well.

If the 600m figure is anywhere near accurate (before any increases in revenue through improved sponsorship) it seems pretty reasonable to me to spend 1/4 or even 1/3 of that up front in the first big window. Leaves plenty of wiggle room for the future.

There’s an athletic interview with Staveley Ghodoussi where they state the only limit on spending will be FFP. You can add another limit with Eddie’s desire to keep the group mentality but we’ve got as much money as we need to spend within those 2 limiting factors!

I guess £150m.

I’d be massively surprised if we spent over £150m.

But I think we need to be spending over £100m for it to be a good window and to get the right players in the positions we need. 

We could spend £200m and the £50m figure can still be correct...

... If the £50m is the amortised amount over the course of the players' contacts.

Sign players for ~£200m on 4 or 5 year contacts and it'll only "cost" about £50m, so everyone is correct.

1 minute ago, LV said:

I’d be massively surprised if we spent over £150m.

But I think we need to be spending over £100m for it to be a good window and to get the right players in the positions we need. 

Prepare to be surprised :cheesy: