More transfer rumours

midds

49 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

This thread has gone from "most depressing forum thread anywhere in the universe" to "best thread ever" in 6 months. :lol:

Give it a few weeks and we've not signed 4 or 5 and the negativity will kick in

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

I feel like if Man U and all their dysfunction could realistically get him then surely we could as well?

Highly rated Dutch manager there though. Plus rumours are that Man City are after him too. Just can’t see us being that level yet, sadly. 

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Highly rated Dutch manager there though. Plus rumours are that Man City are after him too. Just can’t see us being that level yet, sadly. 

Pop an umlaut into Eddie's name and we're laughing.

2 hours ago, Rich said:

I'll guess at Cheick Doucouré from Lens.

Interesting. Always thought with all the links to Fofana, that Doucore was in fact more of the type of CM Howe would be after.

What made you guess it would be him?

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Interesting. Always thought with all the links to Fofana, that Doucore was in fact more of the type of CM Howe would be after.

What made you guess it would be him?

Did a quick filter by "young", "CM", and "international" in Europe's top leagues. Ruled out unrealistic candidates like Tchouameni then wasn't left with much in our sort of ballpark.

Of those, he seems the most obvious fit for our system and style based on a quick YouTube scout and looking at his available statistics. Seems likely to move to the PL this summer for around £15M, but we haven't been directly linked anywhere as far as I can tell.

18 minutes ago, Rich said:

Did a quick filter by "young", "CM", and "international" in Europe's top leagues. Ruled out unrealistic candidates like Tchouameni then wasn't left with much in our sort of ballpark.

Of those, he seems the most obvious fit for our system and style based on a quick YouTube scout and looking at his available statistics. Seems likely to move to the PL this summer for around £15M, but we haven't been directly linked anywhere as far as I can tell.

Looks like a very tidy player. Solid DM but always looking to progress the play forwards.

https://fbref.com/en/players/ce4f40c7/Cheick-Doucoure

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cheick-doucoure/profil/spieler/543387

22 minutes ago, Rich said:

Cool :thup:

I noticed him too coming from a different angle, but I agree he seems more in line with what Howe would be after. He seems to be a real prospect.