More transfer rumours

midds

Shearer scored 20+ goals in 2 out of the 4 seasons he had with us before the Gillis beef. He had injuries but overall he had performed well, been a key player and we would’ve gotten our money back for him and probably a profit if he was willing to go abroad. 

It’s not a comparison. 

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Shearer scored 20+ goals in 2 out of the 4 seasons he had with us before the Gillis beef. He had injuries but overall he had performed well, been a key player and we would’ve gotten our money back for him and probably a profit if he was willing to go abroad. 

It’s not a comparison. 

Shearer was linked to both Celtic and Liverpool during his latter years. Iirc, at a lower price (£10m rings a bell?) than the £15m we paid for him. 

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Good players can become flop transfers. Lukaku has never played in a top team that play to his strengths in England. At the very least he’s a very good goal scorer and a top 10/15 striker in the world. He still flopped at those clubs. 

Obviously. But as the Milan fan has stated during his in depth appraisal of his own club, Paqueta didn’t flop there. 

DCL is a 40/45m pound striker (provided he has no long term injury issues).

We sold Andy Caroll to Liverpool for 35m in 2010? off the back of half a season. We signed Joelinton for 40m, and Chris Wood (who's shite) for 25m because he's a striker. For every other position 50m is mega money, but not for a striker. Strikers come at a premium. 50m would be steep for DCL but only slightly above his value.

Thankfully, I'm confident that our club already knows how much they are going to spend on a front man and have provisioned accordingly.

If Everton do want 50m, you can bet your bollocks we could get a deal done for 38m +add ons, which would be a fair price IMO.

Edited by STM

Just to chime in on the Lukaku debate somewhat. The reason he's failed at Chelsea has nowt to do with playing style but more to do with that he's actually not THAT good. He was a donkey for Man Utd. The last time he looked a quality player in this league was for Everton a LONG time ago.

His numbers for Inter Milan are absolutely worthless in the context of the PL. I was shocked that Chelsea paid so much for a player that was relatively average for Man Utd, a comparable club.

So it would be reasonable to assume that our 100m budget would be spread on 3 players; Ekitike 30m, Botman 30m and DCL 40m being the strongest links.

After that we have to get creative with outgoings and loan deals etc.

6 minutes ago, STM said:

So it would be reasonable to assume that our 100m budget would be spread on 3 players; Ekitike 30m, Botman 30m and DCL 40m being the strongest links.

After that we have to get creative with outgoings and loan deals etc.

100 million for then 3 seems mental to be honest like

5 minutes ago, STM said:

Just to chime in on the Lukaku debate somewhat. The reason he's failed at Chelsea has nowt to do with playing style but more to do with that he's actually not THAT good. He was a donkey for Man Utd. The last time he looked a quality player in this league was for Everton a LONG time ago.

His numbers for Inter Milan are absolutely worthless in the context of the PL. I was shocked that Chelsea paid so much for a player that was relatively average for Man Utd, a comparable club.

Romelu Lukaku scored 42 goals in 96 appearances for Manchester United. Including 27 goals in 51 appearances in his debut season. 15 goals in 45 appearances the next season, many appearances off the bench. Lukaku didn't play well overall and flopped. But he wasn't a donkey for them. 

If a team sets up to get the best from Lukaku, he'll score a lot of goals. If you don't set the team up for him, he'll stink it up but still find the back of the net.

3 minutes ago, jack j said:

100 million for then 3 seems mental to be honest like

Welcome to 2022 football. 14 years of hibernation takes a while to shake off.

23 minutes ago, STM said:

DCL is a 40/45m pound striker (provided he has no long term injury issues).

We sold Andy Caroll to Liverpool for 35m in 2010? off the back of half a season. We signed Joelinton for 40m, and Chris Wood (who's shite) for 25m because he's a striker. For every other position 50m is mega money, but not for a striker. Strikers come at a premium. 50m would be steep for DCL but only slightly above his value.

Thankfully, I'm confident that our club already knows how much they are going to spend on a front man and have provisioned accordingly.

If Everton do want 50m, you can bet your bollocks we could get a deal done for 38m +add ons, which would be a fair price IMO.

How about 37m + a torch, a Curly Wurly and a copy of the Daily Express? Oooohh it's a good paper.

da1df80fecf3fcc5dbfe69aa5f2c0fc3--alan-p

Edited by Carlito

6 minutes ago, STM said:

Welcome to 2022 football. 14 years of hibernation takes a while to shake off.

Ha fair point I suppose but if everton or villa spent 100 million on them 3 we'd be queueing up to say they're being ripped off.

47 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Also some would say scoring 20+ in Serie A is meaningless.

Victor Osimhen hasn’t managed that in a season (assume you do mean per season). Do you not think he’s any good?

19 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Victor Osimhen hasn’t managed that in a season (assume you do mean per season). Do you not think he’s any good?

I'm not one of those "some people".

I've only ever seen him a handful of times. The one time with most interest he showed a killer lack of offside awareness but looked quick and sharp. Quality of balls into the box was poor but when the opposing team sat deep, he had nothing for them.

Also to be clear. Unless they play in the EPL, Real Madrid, Ghana or frequently feature in the CL KO's... I do not have opinions on most players. I'vre paid attention to Osimhen once in my life.

Edited by The College Dropout

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

Any developments on us and the radge Italian lad?

You onabout that absolutely massive scary looking cunt?

I don't know if he's any good but in my minds eye Trippier just belts balls towards him and we win games by 4-5 clear goals.

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

You onabout that absolutely massive scary looking cunt?

I don't know if he's any good but in my minds eye Trippier just belts balls towards him and we win games by 4-5 clear goals.

:lol: With the fucking neck tat? Yeah, he looks like he could just scowl the ball into the net.